20. Really Bad Idea

"When is he arriving?" Alyssa asked resting her head gently on Helaena's belly which had grown a lot, master says it's only three months until the baby arrives. Helaena lay down on the blanket under the firewood tree and put her hand over her swollen stomach.

"Soon, hopefully. It's getting pretty hard to walk," she laughed. Alyssa sat up and leaned against the large tree trunk. It had been a very long time since she decided to follow Aegon to town. But every time she was on her way, she backed off. She felt she needed someone's advice, someone to tell. Because then she might not back down as easily, knowing that others knew.

"I'm going with Aegon into town tonight," she blurted out before she could finish the words.

Helaena sat up and raised an eyebrow, unsure of what she had just heard. "Follow who now?"

Alyssa's lips formed into a thin line, she wanted to say it again but still didn't. "I'm following Aegon into town tonight"

Helaena stared at her in disbelief, like she ether didin't hear what she said or that she needed to clarefy that she heard right. "You're following Aegon?"

"mmhmm"

"To town?"

"Yes"

"We always visit mother before bed, what will i tell her if you are not there, she will ask questions and I am not good at lying, Aly"

"That is Kinda why i am telling you this, i was hoping you would cover for me."

"Aly, you know she won't like-"

"She has been acting distant and cold for some time now so what is one night, tell her i am not feeling well, or that i fell asleep early or something. Please Hel"

Helaena sighed in defeat "Okay, i'l come up with something"

Alyssa smiled and threw he arms around Helena, earning a chuckle from her friend.

*********

The day was still young but the warm sun had long ago disappeared through the clouds and was replaced by cold winds. The keep was also a cold place now and Alyssa was wearing a warm, long-sleeved purple dress that matched her eye color.

Surrounding her were servants moving everywhere in the castle. Some rushed back and forth with firewood, others with fur blankets and the rest with buckets of water.

She used to enjoy the few who moved around the castle on dragonstone, but over the time she's lived here, she's learned to like all this rushing back and forth in the corridor's.

Helaena had already agreed to cover for her, but despite her plans to follow her husband into town, she didn't know how that would go.

The sound of armor was heard at the end of the corridor and there walked the king with guards behind him and the hand at his side. His head was low and he had begun to lean on a stick as he moved around the castle. It hurt Alyssa to see her dear grandsire like this, months had passed but he was only getting worse and worse despite the master's eternal assurance of his healing.

She stopped with all the other lords and ladies and servants nearby and put her hands in front of her stomach, she bowed her head as he walked.

Visery's face beamed as he saw her standing there. He walked up to her and took her hand in his. "My dear, how happy I am that I meet you like this"

Alyssa smiled and laughed a little "It's such a shame the weather is the way it is, otherwise we could have sat in the garden like old times."

He smiled at her as the Otto hightower gave her a nod and a tiny smile. Although it didin't seem like a living one.

Viserys leaned on her arm and they continued to walk. "I do regret not spending so much time with you, my dear. But unfortunately, being the king has it's flaws"

"Do not tire yourself thinking about it, your grace" They where about to walk down the stairs when Otto opened his mounth. "Your grace, perhaps it is best if we go to The counsil meeting"

Viserys nodded and patted Alyssa on the hand. "Come and visit me tomorrow, we should eat supper together"

"Of course, your grace" she gave him a kiss on the cheek and made her way down the stairs.

***********

The days have grown shorter, the sun had already disappeared and been replaced by the shining moon and twinkling stars.

Tanya laid the nightgown down on the bed "Do you need anything else Alyssa"

She twisted the ring around her finger and shook her head. Aegon would be there at any moment and she needed to be ready to follow him. "No thanks, Tanya. You're done for today"

Tanya smiled, she nodded slowly and turned to leave. The door closed and Alyssa hurried to the closet to pull out a hooded cloak and a simple outfit.

After a while, she finds a black dress without any extra details. It was a long-sleeved black dress with lace along the top, but it would probably be well hidden with the cloak.

She put on her dress and coat and then went to the mirror to do her hair, because the less you could see of the light silver hair the better.

"My prince" Arryk said outside the door. Alyssa quickly looked up at the door and hid under the bed for lack of time for a better idea. The door creaked and Aegon entered. His feet being the only thing visible from under the bed.

Laughter almost flew out of her mouth, the fact that she hides from her husband under their bed and that she would follow him into town was just a little comical to her. But if it was fun or if it was just nerves that made her think the situation was funny, she didn't know.

Aegon's heavy footsteps were heard and heard even more clearly as Alyssa's lay with her ear to the floor.

After what feels like an eternity, Aegon opens the door to the secret passages and closes it tightly behind him. Alyssa rushes up from under the bed and stands by the aisle. Her heart is pounding in her chest and when enough time has passed she uses all her body strength and opens the door. A cold gust of wind sweeps over the whole body and sends a shiver down the spine.

She takes a deep breath and enters the tunnel. When the heavy stone door closed Alyssa slowly follows the sound that echoes between the stone walls, guessing it was Aegon.

She let her fingers travel from stone to stone as she descended the damp stairs. She felt warm and raised her hand to feel her forehead, it felt like she had a fever, like her head was about to boil but it was the lack of headache that made it clear it was just her own nervousness.

At the end of the long staircase there was another staircase, but it led down to the town, the streets of King's Landing. She couldn't help but smile, it was the first time she was outside the castle walls as an ordinary peasant girl, the feeling was exciting.

She followed the sound of hooting and gleeful squealing, that way she knew where to go. Alyssa saw Aegon a long way ahead of her and luckily for her he didn't turn around.

She walked and walked in conjunction with the sounds from the town that only got louder and louder. Finally, she was there.

She looked around until the realization, Aegon was gone.

AT:

Hello! I hope you liked this chapter, i personal didin't it's not much that Happens but in the next one it will

Thank you all for your patience, i Will try to post more often❤️❤️❤️