21. Caught

Alyssa felt fear creep into every corner of her body

Alyssa felt fear creep into every corner of her body. Aegon was gone, which meant she no longer knew where she was going, now she couldn't follow him.

She took a deep breath. It wasn't too late to turn back, a voice in her head said. Alyssa shook off the hesitant feeling and walked straight into the streets of King's Landing.

She looked around, taking in all the scents she could smell. The streets were filled with people shouting at each other. Someone threw a beer mug at some fat man who stumbled down the tiny stairs and into the mud. Alyssa jumped slightly as the man's face hit the mud. In another dark corner was a man and a woman kissing each other over and over again. Vendors standing outside with trays of food.

Everywhere something was happening unlike at the castle where everything had a routine. Always the same thing that happens inside the castle walls.

A loud noise was heard from a bar she passed. Two men flew out the door and punched each other. Blood spurted from one's mouth after a hard blow to the jawbone by the other who was on top.

Close by, a worried woman ran out of the bar with her hands over her mouth. Everyone gathered around and cheered on the man at the top, his hair down to his shoulders and a face scarred.

Alyssa laughed and watched intently the fight that was going on. If she had known the town was this exciting, she would have slipped out a long time ago. Thoughts of Aegon temporarily disappeared as she stood and cheered with everyone else.

The man with the long hair and scarred face was victorious Finally, everyone clapped and cheered for him, including Alyssa.

Then the thoughts came again, she couldn't forget why she was there in the first place. She left the clapping crowd and continued walking to find him.

Wherever she went, salesmen appeared.

"Excuse me miss, this necklace would surely suit you"

"madam, buy these crops, your husband will probably like them"

That one almost made her laugh out loud, yeah Right. After walking for a while, she found herself in a very open place. A strange house was there, with pleasurable sounds that could be heard where Alyssa was standing.

She got curious and went inside. The sounds that had been faint earlier became even louder when the door opened. The place was packed with naked men and women, moans and laughter could be heard. It was then she realised that she was in a brothel.

But even though she was there, it didn't seem like anyone cared. She went the farthest with the rooms that had no doors, only curtains for privacy. The laughter and moaning just got louder and louder the further into the brothel she got.

"And who might you be, doll?" an unknown voice said. Alyssa turned around to see who it was. There stood a half naked woman with long dirty blond hair and dark eyes.