[4] Information

Chapter 4 Information

Steve and Bruce shook their heads at me obviously not agreeing. Tasha however smiled proudly at me and I grinned back.

"Ready to see the rest?" she asked and we all followed her inside. She led us into a large area where there were many agents working on computers and hurrying around.

Nick Fury walks over to Bruce and extends his hand. Bruce shakes it rather reluctantly, "Doctor. Thank you for coming. Agent Romanoff." he nodded at me and I smiled.

"It's good to be back." I smiled.

"Thanks for asking nicely." Bruce answers while looking around. "So, uh..how long am I staying?"

"Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the clear." Nick Fury answers.

"Where are you with that?" Bruce asks and Nick Fury looks at Agent Coulson asking him to explain.

I watch as Natasha eyes a computer screen with an image of Clint Barton on it. I walk up behind her and put my hand on her shoulder, "Tasha. I'm sorry about Clint." I say and lower my eyes.

"It's not your fault. None of this is or was your fault." She smiled at me.

I nodded, agreeing with her and kept quiet.

I heard Agent Coulson's reply, "We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet. Cellphones, laptops. If it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us."

I rolled my eyes at this and Natasha voiced my thoughts, "That's still not gonna find them in time."

"You have to narrow the field. How many spectrometers do you have access to?" Bruce asked.

"How many are there?" Nick Fury looked a little confused.

"Call every lab you know, tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm based on cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for me to work?" Bruce said looking at everyone.

"Agent Romanoff, would you show Dr. Banner to his laboratory, please." Nick Fury said, not being specific at all.

"Um, which one of us exactly?" I asked as Natasha furrowed her eyebrows.

"Agent Natasha Romanoff." Nick Fury said and didn't look at me. I nodded. Of course she was the one who was allowed to do things.

Natasha nodded and walked off leading Bruce down the hallway, "You're gonna love it, Doc. We've got all the toys."

I stood feeling awkward as I didn't really know anyone in here well enough to start up a conversation. I turn to the side as I see Agent Coulson and Steve Rogers standing side by side as they waited. They were exchanging a conversation, or at least what I thought was a conversation. Agent Coulson seemed to be doing more of the talking then Steve. Well, he wasn't really accustomed to anything yet, so that was only natural.

Suddenly another agent spoke, "We got a hit. Sixty-seven percent match. Weight, cross match, seventy-nine percent."

I raised my eyebrows at this. So, we've found Loki's location then. I wasn't particularly thrilled. I didn't want to see Loki again and I didn't particularly want to see Clint Barton either.

"Location?" Agent Coulson asked.

"Stuttgart, germany. 28, Konigstrasse. He's not exactly hiding." the agent announced. I groaned inside my head.

Nick Fury was the next to speak, "Captain, you're up."

I sighed, well at least I wouldn't have to face Loki at the moment. But then Nick Fury stared at me, "Agent Romanoff. You are to go with him. There will most likely be trouble and you will be needed."

I nodded not letting any of the annoyance show on my face. Well, this would prove to be interesting.

Surprise update! I hope you enjoyed it. As many of you know I have started a new updating schedule. This shall be updated every friday or sunday as well as perhaps some surprise updates like this one. Keep checking.

And the next chapter should have more action in it. :)

Please comment and tell me what you think of this chapter. And vote!

~Annette