[27] Shawarma and Heated Arguments

Chapter 26: Shawarma and Heated Arguments

❝Don't pretend you care. ❞

---------------------------------------------

After we had successfully dropped off Loki at SHIELD, we decided to follow Tony's advice and gone to get shawarma. I'm still not sure why he decided to have shawarma after a big battle. I wanted my comfort food which happened to be Popeye's but I knew Tony wasn't going to let me go wander off. I happened to be in my twenties and not his sister but he still treated me as such. Guess that's the responsibility of being a best friend.

I left my bow in my small locker at SHIELD, as it was kind of bulky to carry around. Plus, I wasn't sure if any type of eating place would allow me to carry in a weapon.

I met the others downstairs and glared at them before I linked arms with Natasha and strutted outside.

The city was destroyed. Rubble was between all the surviving buildings and there was a mess everywhere. I frowned at it all. We really should have been more careful. I share a glance with Clint who frowns as well before turning away.

Well, at least some things are back to normal. Clint seems to dislike me again which is funny considering his little speech up on the rooftop seemed to mean a lot to him at that moment. I have to confess, I actually wanted him to be telling the truth.

A small sigh escapes my lips and Natasha looks at me with a worried expression, "You okay?"

"Not really. Something happened with Clint during the battle." I look down, "Something good and now he's acting like I don't exist."

Natasha smirked, "What exactly happened?"

I blush and pull her a little ways away from the others, "He might have kissed me."

Natasha squealed which was so unlike her. She always kept a calm and cool facade and pretended to not care about anything when she really did, "And?"

"And I pushed him away. But then I may have let him kiss me again and now he's acting like it didn't happen. It changes everything Tasha. I'm no longer that person who he hates so much. Now, I'm someone he might be interested in. And I frankly have no idea what to do."

"I am so not the person you want to come to for relationship advice, Anya." Natasha shook her head, "But you might just have to give him time. Clint's complicated and I think you just complicated things a little more."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, you're horrible at advice." I re linked my arm with my sister and pulled her to the shawarma place."

>> >> >>

Thanks to my sister, she had placed me next to Clint who was totally pretending that I did not exist. And the rest of the table definitely knew that something was up as they all stayed quiet and kept shooting us looks.

"Trouble in paradise?" Tony interrupted us.

I rolled my eyes, "Sorry to disappoint but I have no idea what you mean."

"You and Legolas. There's something obviously going on." Tony repeated.

Steve raised an eyebrow at us.

"Nothing's going on, Stark. Just a bit of a misunderstanding between me and Romanoff." Clint shot me a look.

"Oh, we're back to last names, are we Barton? I thought we buried the hatchet." I crossed my arms.

"What were you two fighting about anyways?" Steve asked.

"Something from a long time ago." I glared at him.

"You buried the hatchet." Clint spoke.

"We did." I corrected.

"I'm not staying here with her." Clint pointed at me.

"Oh my god, Barton. You're acting like a child." I complained.

"Guys. Quit it." Bruce glared at us.

"What? Afraid you're going to Hulk out on us?" Clint asked.

"Clint. What the hell is up with you?" Natasha asked.

"I have no idea what is going on." Thor decided to speak and no one listened.

"A big misunderstanding." Clint replied.

"Well let's hope that's all." I sniffed and pushed back my chair before storming away. I opened the door of the restaurant and emerged out into the air. I crossed my arms and leant against a pilar. Soon I heard footsteps behind me, "Barton, I swear if that's you, I'll-"

"You're in luck, darling. Just me." I heard Tony's voice.

I whirled around and wiped at my face.

"What's wrong?" Tony looked concerned.

"Don't pretend you care." I sniffed.

"I care and you know it. How many times have you come to me in dire situations?" Tony asked.

"A lot." I nodded.

"Exactly. And I understand where you are coming from. Even if you don't believe it, I do have a heart. And you're my best friend, so obviously I care about you. Now, tell me what's wrong." Tony asked.

"Clint. He's being a jerk. We kissed and he seems to have completely wiped it from his mind." I sniffed.

"He is a jerk. And if doesn't treat you right, I'll kill him." Tony responded.

I laughed, "Thanks."

"Anytime, Anya." Tony smiled and held out his arms, "Come here."

I sniffed and moved into his embrace, glad that I could still count on my best friend.

-------------------------------------------

A/N

Yay! This is kinda a filler chapter but not really. I believe that there are around four or five more chapters and I am so excited for the rest of this story. You will get more Clayana, I promise. And Tony is being such a sweet. 

I can't wait for the rest as I said, and I hope you will finish this journey with me. 

Please vote and comment. 

Hugs and kisses. 

~Annette