[7] The Fight

Chapter 7 The Fight

I tumbled down through the air holding my breath as we were up really high and it was hard to breath. I tried to see through the clouds in order to find my two other companions who had jumped out earlier. I then passed a mountain where I saw Loki and the other guy arguing. Or it looked like arguing. I couldn't be sure from this distance.

I noticed that it was still a long way to the ground and I wasn't tumbling very fast. I only hoped I'd get there before a fight broke out between Tony and someone else.

Just then I see Tony fly by as Iron Man and tackle the guy. I roll my eyes in annoyance and then come upon the ground. I tighten into a ball and roll upon hitting the ground. I look around and see that that I am in a forest. I see Tony standing a little ways away and the other guy rolls himself upright.

Tony opens up his helmet and I straighten up and head over to them.

"Do not touch me again!" the guy says. I roll my eyes at that.

"Then don't take my stuff." Tony says simply and then spots me, "Oh, Anya. Did other Romanoff actually send you down here to break up a fight that hasn't happened yet?" he teased.

"No. Actually, I came down here on my own." I say proudly.

The other guy pays no attention to our little side conversation, "You have no idea what you're dealing with."

"Shakespeare in the park? Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?" Tony asked.

"This is beyond you, metal man. Loki will face Asgardian justice!" he demands.

"He gives up the Cube, he's all yours. Until then, stay out of my way...tourist." Tony says adding an insult. Typical! His helmet clamps up and he walks away.

He doesn't get far however as the guy pulls out his helmet and then throws it knocking Tony clear across into a tree. I gasp in horror and then turn to him.

"Why you. You have no idea what you're dealing with." I growled and headed towards him, flipping over him before smashing him into the ground.

Unfortunately he didn't stay down for long and soon I was the one on the ground. I groaned but pulled myself up and sheathed an arrow and fired it at him. It merely grazed his cheek and I heard Tony chuckle.

"Losing your aim, Katniss?" He asked me and I rolled my eyes. "Hey, that's going to be your new nickname."

"Really Stark? Not exactly a good time to joke around." I said.

I see the guy raise his hand and his hammer flies back into it. Then he swings the hammer to summon a ray of energy. Tony stands up slightly staggering and then knocks him over before flying up and knocking him into a tree. I smile to myself at his accomplishment.

The man then pulls the hammer into his hand and raises it up and pulls in lightning and thunder. He points it at Tony and he falls back.

Luckily, Tony fires at him and pushes him to his knees. Then they fly towards each other and meet in the middle and ascend up.

I curse and yell at Tony, "Oh, take all the fun for yourself why don't you?"

Tony calls back down, "This is no place for you. Let me handle this one. Trust me."

I roll my eyes, "I never trust you. Just letting you know."

Tony shrugs and turns away smashing the guy into the side of the mountain. I really need a name for him. I'll call him hammer man.

Hammer man then leaped off the mountain and took Tony with him.

Hammer man and Tony crash down the mountain and smash into a lot of trees which would not make eco-friendly people friendly. Tony then yanks hammer man up and begins to shoot energy in hammer man's face.

I turn away and pull back my bow string and shoot an arrow right between them. Unfortunately, neither of them looks my way so I quietly slip behind Tony and wrap my arms around his shoulders, pulling him off of hammer man before flipping him over my shoulder and then push hammer man away. That just makes them both more angry and Tony pushes me aside before headbutting hammer man who headbutts Tony back and sends him across the forest. I shrug, I'm not helping him.

I flip hammer man over my shoulder and then slam him into another tree before attempting to push the hammer away from him which didn't exactly work as the hammer was really heavy. I just settled for slamming hammer man into another tree.

Then, when my back was turned, Tony flew back over to hammer man and I and grabbed hammer man by the cape and swung him into another tree. Needless to say, I was not impressed by his behavior. This just caused hammer man to run at Tony and grab him before smashishing him back down. Then, hammer man summons his hammer back into his hand and is just about to throw it, Tony uses his hand boosters to skid across the ground and trip hammer man. Then he crashs onto his back. Hammer man stands facing Tony when suddenly I see Steve's shield ricochet off of both hammer man and Tony.

We all look up to see Steve standing a little ways away on top of a fallen tree.

"Hey! That's enough!" Steve says and looks at hammer man, "Now, I don't know what you plan on doing here."

"I've come here to put an end to Loki's schemes." Hammer man responded.

I scoffed and then whispered to myself, "Good luck with that."

"Then prove it! Put the hammer down." Steve says.

"Um, yeah, no! Bad call! He loves his hammer!" Tony informs him and I nod.

"Yeah, that he does."

Hammer man suddenly raises the hammer angrily, "You want me to put the hammer down?" He then leaps high into the air and raises the hammer.

Steve is ready and crouches down while holding up his shield. Hammer man brings his hammer down onto the shield and an explosion of light reacts to the shield and creates a massive shockwave that blows up everything in about a mile or two of where we are.

I get knocked backwards and almost fell into a tree if it weren't for Steve who pulled me up. "Thanks!" I smiled and pushed myself off the ground.

"Are we done here?" Steve asks as everyone stands up and stares at the destruction.

Yay! Friday's update and a relatively long chapter! What did you think of it? What do you think of her continuing to develop relationship with Tony, Steve and the others? Do you think she'll get along with 'hammer man' in the future? What do you think of her archery skills? And her other skills? What do you want to see more of in the future? Answer me in the comments so I can improve!

As many of you know I have started a new updating schedule. This shall be updated every friday or sunday as well as perhaps some surprise updates!

This has also been entered into the Wattys which means I need all the support I can get!

Next update should be sometime before Friday of next week! 

Comment, Vote and Share!

~Annette