[23] Fighting in New York Part One

Song for Chapter 23

"Falls of Glory"

by Brunuhville

Chapter 23: Fighting in New York Part One

❝Oh he's not my enemy❞

---------------------------------------------

We stop in the middle of a four-way street and I run a hand over my hair, smoothing it down and into place. Suddenly a deep roar bellows out and a shadow begins to pass over us. I take in a breath before holding it in as we all stand completely still, our eyes skyward watching until it.

From both sides, chitauri soldiers fly off and attach themselves to buildings, sliding down to the ground. Some crash into the buildings and begin firing at innocent people.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asks Tony.

"I'm seeing, still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?" Tony asked.

"Banner?" Steve asked, looking at all of us.

"Just keep me posted." Tony answered and then shut off.

I rolled my eyes and looked up seeing Loki riding on a flying chariot. I bit my lip while shaking my head, "Lovely. Loki is with his people."

Natasha looked at me, "Are you not taking any of this seriously?"

"How can I? It's a bunch of alien people attacking us. I feel like I'm in a movie." I smirked and then cleared my throat, "I guess I should take it seriously.

I see tons of people running from Loki and looking over their shoulders coming at us. Steve looks down the bridge and orders, "Those people need assistance down there."

Natasha pulls out both pistols and fires at the chitauri soldiers before turning to Steve, "We've got this. It's okay. Just go!"

I look at Natasha and Clint, "Are you sure we have this? There are a lot of chitauri."

"Believe sister. Believe." Natasha answers 

"You think you can hold them off?" Steve turns to Clint.

"Captain." Clint pulls the trigger on his bow and an arrow is chosen, "It would be my genuine pleasure." He shoots an arrow into the creature's head which gains a few seconds for Steve as he falls down the bridge followed by an explosion.

I bit my lip and smirk at my sister, "That was kinda hot."

Natasha rolls her eyes at me, a smile appearing on her face, "Never thought I'd live to see the day when you would call your enemy hot."

"Oh, he's not my enemy anymore." I smirked as I loaded my bow and pulled back the string, "Loki is." I fired an arrow at a chitarui and followed Clint who was running to a bus full of people.

Small children are being held by their parents waiting for Clint to pull them out to safety. I run over to the door and pull it open, grunting with the effort. People begin to run out as soon as I pull it open.