[17] Truce

Chapter 17 Truce

"You don't have to stay with me." Natasha spoke as she saw my anxious face.

I shrugged, "I don't really have anything else to do."

"You could go get ready. There may be a battle. We have yet to find out." Natasha gestured.

I smirked, "You really don't want me here do you?"

"It's not that. Anya. I just..." Natasha said.

"No, no it's fine. I'll go. I can take a hint." I smirked and left the room.

It's not like I wanted to see Barton, I just didn't trust him. He could hurt my sister and then I'd really have a reason to hold a grudge against him.

I hurried into my small quarters and pulled my other suit out of my closet. I frowned at the one I had on, it was getting dirty and a little worn so I put it to the side and went into my small bathroom before pulling it on. I zipped it up in the front and pulled my hair back into a braid. A few strands of hair effectively escaped from it and waved around my face to an invisible wind. I smiled slightly before applying the lightest of make-up. I picked up my bow and quiver before putting them on my back and locking my room door.

I headed back the way I had came and came across the room where Barton was resting. I entered the room and noticed that he was awake and Natasha was speaking in a low tone of voice. They both stopped when I knocked on the door and Natasha got up.

"Is he alright?" I asked.

"Yeah. He's just a little shaken. But I think I'm more shaken than he is and I didn't even go through this ordeal." Natasha said, "Anyways...yeah I think it's safe to say that you can go in there."

"I'm not sure I want to." I bit my lip and stared through the glass.

"Oh. You can pass but he says he wants to speak with you." Natasha said.

I put my hand over my mouth, "Okay this is going to be incredibly awkward. I haven't seen him or spoken to him in years."

"I know. Call me if you need anything." Natasha smirked and walked a little ways away.

I sighed and took in a deep breath before entering the room and standing awkwardly next to his bed. Barton sat up and looked at me.

"Anya." He breathed.

"Hey." I said and then just stood there again.

"You look different." Barton noted.

"Good to know." I said.

"You don't seem to want to talk. I can speak with you another time." Barton offered.

"No. Another time might not arise." I said.

"Alright. Well, I just wanted to say that we should start over." Barton said.

"That's never gonna happen."

"Why not?" Barton asked, "I'm sure we could just put our past behind us and become friends.

"That's just it. I don't have friends." I said.

"Then who is Amelia? Who is Tony?" Barton asked.

"Tony? You think Tony is my friend?" I asked.

"Then who is he Anya?" Barton yells, "Your boyfriend?"

"I don't have boyfriends." I yelled

"You mean you have dates?" Barton yells back.

"I don't have either. Men generally aren't interested in me. They think I'm weird. And I am. I have odd powers. I'm different and nobody likes that." I say back.

"Anya..."

"Did this prove to you how we can't get along? We can't go for five minutes without yelling at each other." I said.

"Well at least we aren't trying to kill each other. That's a start."

"Who said I wasn't trying to kill you?" I say back.

"Oh my god, Anya. Don't you understand that I want to put the past behind us. We can get along if we only try." Barton spoke.

"Fine. Truce?" I ask and hold out my hand.

"Truce." Barton grasps my hand and shakes it. Small sparks fill me up inside which doesn't make any sense to me. I pull my hand back and brush the small flyaway strands of my hair back.

"Oh and Anya. You need to start calling me Clint." Barton said.

I laughed, "You never said we had to be friends. I only said truce."

Yay! Sunday's update! I'm so so happy! And finally Clint is in it!

What did you think? Did you like how I had them have an argument? That's normally how they act towards each other so there is going to be a lot more arguing between them (even though they said truce)...  What about the sparks? Do you think she secretly likes him?  And is Clint jealous of Tony even though nothing is going on?  And you shall meet Amelia soon :) Hint: [She works at SHIELD]

PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BOOK FOR THE 2015 WATTYS!

~Annette