[21] To Become His Queen?

Chapter 21 To Become His Queen?

My eyes widen to the size of saucers as I realize what is happening. I reach up and place my hands on his shoulders and push him away from me.

"What the hell just happened?" I say to no one in particular. Last time I checked I wasn't living a teen fiction novel. Guys aren't supposed to just come out of nowhere and kiss girls.

Loki looked furious at me, "What the hell was that? I didn't know you were so inexperienced that you didn't know what a kiss was."

I glared at him, "I know perfectly well what that was but what I don't understand is why you did it. I'm the enemy and last time I checked the opposite teams don't work like that." I struggled to get my breath back under control. I was panicking. This had never happened to me. Sure, I had dated a couple men in my past but this was new.

Loki really was crazy.

I let my eyes wander up to his, "Well then. I suppose I should get going for this battle."

Loki grabbed my arm, "It doesn't have to be this way. You could leave with me."

"And do what exactly?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest to get my arm out of his grip.

"Be my queen." Loki pleaded, "Rule Asgard beside me."

"Sorry to burst your bubble but Asgard already has a ruler and it sure as hell isn't you." I scoffed at him.

Loki growled. It made him sound almost inhuman but then again he was, wasn't he? "I am the true King." He pushed me up against the counter again, "And you will obey me!"

"No!" I spat in his face, "I could never go with you and betray my friends."

"Friends?" Loki laughed, "How are they your friends?"

"Well maybe not all of them yet but they are my teammates. I'm not about to join the opposing side." I sniffed.

"Well maybe you should start living outside of your box." Loki remarked.

"Outside of my box?" I laughed, "What is that supposed to mean? It's not like I live a sheltered life."

"Maybe not but you sure act like it." Loki said, "Naive and simple."

"Naive?" I scoffed, "I'm definitely not naive. I could never be naive and sheltered. Not how I grew up." I shuddered.

"If you come with me I can assure you that you can leave all that behind." Loki said.

I pushed him off of me, "Sure you would say that but I never will, will I? I'll always have this long lasting guilt that I betrayed people close to me. My sister, my friends, the guy who..." I shook my head.

"Do you have feelings for one of them?" Loki asked fire burning his ice blue eyes, "Is it Stark?"

I laughed, "As if. He has a girlfriend. And besides he is not my type."

"Then is it Barton?" Loki growled.

I turned my head away, "I...don't wish to answer that."

"It is, isn't it?" Loki laughed, "You have feelings for your old rival and someone who will never love you back."

"I don't like him and I most certainly do not love him." I sniffed.

"Then will you come with me?" Loki asked, moving his hand onto the counter.

I grinned, "Sorry Loki. Maybe some other time. Right now I have a world to save." I clicked handcuffs closed around his wrist.

Loki looked totally shocked and confused and growled at me.

I smirked, "Guess you should be watching your back around me." I turned away and took a running start before leaping out of the broken window.

So, I lied when I said that I wouldn't be updating this story until I finished writing it on my own. I decided to just update one chapter and then write it soon and not update for a while. I just couldn't leave you like that but another sort of cliffhanger. Sorry guys.... :/

What did you think? Do you think she should have agreed to become his queen? I know I probably would have. ;)  Why do you think Loki thinks she likes Clint? Does she? Will all be revealed soon? 

Next chapter coming in the next few weeks. :) 

~Annette