[30] PLANS

Chapter 30: Plans

❝I can't keep this a secret❞

-------------------------------------------

"So, we saved the world. What now?" Tony asked.

"Attempt to have a normal life for a little while, I guess." I shrugged crossing my arms across my chest.

All of the 'Avengers' were gathered in a SHIELD room which looked suspiciously like a longue. Tony was standing against a wall, Steve at the other end of the couch Natasha and I were sitting on, Bruce was at a table looking through something, Thor was flipping his hammer, and Clint was on another chair, his eyes trained on me.

"What even is normal?" Natasha questioned.

"Not sure. I haven't really tried it." I laughed dryly, leaning my head back on the couch.

"Well, I think I'll take Loki back to Asgard." Thor spoke.

Everyone else just looked at each other and then looked at me, 'What?"

"You better not be going with them." Tony glared at me from across the room.

I looked confused until I got what they were talking about and my mouth opened in the shape of an 'O'. "Really guys? Just because I was having a bad hour and sort of made out with Loki, you think I'm going to go to Asgard."

Natasha raised an eyebrow, "I mean we kind of have no idea what is going on with you, Anya."

"Fuck." I swore and pushed my hair into my face, pulling my knees up to my chest, "Well. No, I'm not. I'm staying right here. Technically. I might go to Los Angeles for vacation. Or maybe Greece. But for right now, I'm staying here."

"So, you don't like him or anything like that, right?" Bruce asked me, which was fairly surprising.

"NO!" I stated, "Ew."

The room lapsed back into silence as the seven of us just looked at each other. I sighed and got up from the couch, "You know what. I have better things to do then have everyone judge me for making out with a god."

"We're not judging you." Clint said.

I raised an eyebrow, "Yep. You are." I walked out of the room and down the hall to a kitchen and proceeded to make myself a snack. I heard footsteps from behind me and I turned around slowly, holding a sandwich in my hands. I smiled shyly at Clint, "Hey. Sorry, I'm just tired."

"I can tell." Clint smirked.

"Shut up." I laughed, taking a bite of my food and then leaning against the counter, "So, what brings you in here."

"I just wanted to talk to you." Clint responded, moving closer to me.

"Hah." I snorted, "Sure you did." I stood up on my tiptoes and looked at him before kissing him lightly on the lips and then pulling away. 

Clint smiled and then opened the refrigerator, "Anything good in here."

"Not really. They need to buy groceries." I said, pulling myself up to sit on the counter as I spread jam on another piece of bread, "I'm starving."

"You always are." Clint rolled his eyes.

"Wow. You actually do pay attention." I laughed.

"I do. And I'm going to have to even more now." Clint said, pulling something out of the fridge.

"Oh?" I teased, "And why's that."

"Really Anya?" Clint laughed, shaking his head, "Because I might want to have you in my future." 

"Really?" I asked, "I thought you weren't going to get any ideas."

"I said that, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did. But don't worry." I whispered, "Some things can be lies. And this is one of them. But, we need to take it slow. I'm not your anything until you take me on at least two dates. Oh and you need to learn all my favorites."

Clint sighed, "Fine. Deal."

"Yay." I smiled and then said, "Oh and I can tell the team when you ask me out on a date."

'They'll say I told you so." Clint argued.

"Of course they will. But I can't keep this a secret. I have enough things to keep as secrets." I argued.

"Whatever you want." Clint smiled, "And for our first date. Does Friday work for you?"

I giggled in a total uncharacteristic way for me and nodded, "Perfect."

>> >> >>

A/N

Hello! Long time no see. 

Anyways...

This is a really short chapter but it is basically a filler to move the plot along. This book is almost done and I am sad. :( But excited to get to the sequel. 

If you enjoyed it, leave a comment and a vote. 

~Annette