[20] Threatening with Tony Stark

Chapter 20 Threatening with Tony Stark

Loki walks in holding his scepter as I walk casually behind Tony towards the bar, with a slight sway of my hips. I smirked.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity." Loki told us.

I rolled my eyes at his comment and refused to turn around.

"Uh...actually, I'm planning to threaten you." Tony said as if Loki was stupid.

"You should have left your armor on for that." Loki told him.

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?" Tony said.

I sighed, typical Tony always thinking about drinks.

"Stalling me won't change anything." Loki said.

"No, no, no! Threatening. No drink? You sure? I'm having one." Tony looked at me, "Want one?"

"Should I? We're about to save the world." I said and then just took the one he was holding out to me and sipped at it a little.

"The Chitauri are coming, nothing will change that. What have I to fear?" Loki asked trying to make himself seem all strong and brave.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Tony who seemed a little annoyed.

"The Avengers." Tony said.

Loki looked at us confused.

"It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes' type of thing." Tony replied.

I glanced at him, this was new.

"Yes, I've met them." Loki replied.

Tony smiled, "Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here. Your brother, the demi-God; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them. And yes, you have managed to piss off Romanoff here." Tony pointed at me.

"You think?" I scoffed.

"That was the plan." Loki said.

I snorted, "What a brilliant plan. You know this is only going to make you loose." I crossed my hands over my chest which was always a little awkward in the costume I had on.

"I agree with Anya here. It was not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they'll come for you." Tony said and reached for something underneath a bar table which I didn't pay attention to.

My eyes were locked on Loki and his on mine.

"I have an army." Loki said.

"We have a Hulk." Tony said back.

"I thought the beast had wandered off." Loki said.

"Yeah well that wasn't really his fault now was it?" I taunted.

"You're missing the point. There's no throne, there is no version of this, where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us, but it's all on you. Because if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damned well sure we'll avenge it." Tony said all at once in a threatening sort of voice.

Loki slowly walked up to us and raised his scepter, "How will your friends have time for me, when they're so busy fighting you?" He taps Tony on the chest with his scepter. A ping sounds and nothing happens. Loki tries again and still nothing happens.

"It should work." Loki protests.

"Well, performance issues. You know?" Tony says. Loki grabs Tony by the throat in a fury and flings him across the room.

Loki then turns to me.

"You're going to seriously try that? You might want to deal with Stark right now." I smirk.

"Jarvis. Anytime now." Tony calls and Loki turns away from me to grab him by the throat again.

"You will all fall before me." Loki said and then threw Tony out of the window.

I heard the elevator open and a red pod shoots out and I assume it latches onto Tony because Loki looks up, angry.

I laugh with relief as Tony flies up, "And there's one other person you pissed off! His name was Phil." Tony fires at Loki and looks at me, "Can you get down alright or do you need a lift?"

I smile at him, "I'll be fine Stark. Go join the others. I'll be there in ten. Don't start without me."

"Wouldn't dream of it." Tony says before flying out.

I turn to Loki as he stands up and comes closer to me backing me up against the counter. My breath doesn't falter that much but being held under a handsome man's intense gaze was a little intense. "Well you got me. What are you going to do with me?" I ask.

"Sassy one aren't you?" Loki says as he puts his scepter on me and nothing happens, "What is it with you people?"

"You tell me." I smirk.

Loki smirks back at me and pulls me to him, "Maybe I will."

I make a face as he crashes his lips on mine. 

So, that was a bit of a plot twist. "You didn't see that coming?" 

Anyways... I haven't updated this story in a month or so. Sorry 'bout that. I've been focusing on two of my original stories :) 

What did you think? What about her helping Tony? What about her 'interactions' with Loki? Do you think she'll let him kiss her or punch him? 

No sneak peak and no multimedia yet. :) 

See you soon!

~Annette