-2-

Fear, the fear of having to face a situation from which he just wants to escape, the fear caused by having to see someone or something face to face when he's not ready yet.

Ambition, the ambition she has for seeing him again, even if it's the last time, the ambition caused by an unfinished discussion, that she wants to end for once and all.

As we already know, parallel lines never cross, but in the end, everyone arrives at the same point from a different direction.

He closes the front door of his house, he turns and sees all Figure Eight houses decorated with christmas lights, santas, reindeers... He didn't thought about decorating his house, especially after the breakup.

He spended last christmas with Kiara and it was his best christmas yet, Kiara took him to do all the things he could have never done as a Kid, they went ice skating, they shared hot chocolate, and they even kissed under the mistletoe.

But now, it feels empty, his heart used to be warm and filled with love, but now is colder than ever.

He leaves his house and goes for a walk, he needs this time for himself, after walking for awhile, he decides to go to the cut, even though he's now considered a Kook, he will never forget where he is from.

Sarah and John B live in a big house not far away from him, so the chateau is still the same since it burned down. He sits infront of the old shack he used to call "Home".

Growing up with his father wasn't easy, no one except his friends knew what used to happen behind those thin walls, the Maybank's house is still full of dark secrets, that only JJ and his father knew.

His mom left when he was young, Luke blamed JJ for it, so he started to abuse him. How can a mother leave her son with a father like that?

Luke used to go betting, to double or triple the amount he carried. But obviously he lost everything, and God knew what awaited JJ when the monster came home. As the time passed, JJ became used to it, when Luke got high or drunk, he used his son as a punching bag.

He hasn't heard from him since he left, the sad thing is, he still misses and loves him, when he knows he shouldn't, how can you love someone that made your life miserable?

That's what JJ wonders every night, day, or time he thinks of him.

He feels a tiny tear run across his cheek, he wipes it off, and gets up, he starts walking towards the marsh, it's now frozen, no matter how dangerous it is, you can perfectly walk on it.

He sits in the ground, and lights up a joint, he's tired and done with all this situation, not a single day has passed without thinking of her, he pushed her away because he thinks he will only ruin.

Although he thinks they can't be together it doesn't mean that he is done loving her.

He gets up and starts walking back home.

The walk is short, but still heavy and full of regret, the cold makes him remember those terrible nights when he had to flee his house and had nowhere to go.

The cold reminds him of all those times he cried and cursed himself for losing the person who loved the most.

The cold reminds him of how lonely he feels.