-16-

It is early in the morning, Kiara leaves her house excited for the day she's about to have, she puts on her Ugg's, she grabs jer jacket and car keys and leaves her home.

She gets on her car and begins driving to JJ's house not to far from hers.

When the pogues got rich enough to buy their own houses, they decided to not to buy them to far away from each other, despite Pope and Cleo didn't live in Obx anymore, or at least, until Pope graduates.

Sarah and John B bought a home, for both of them, Kiara and JJ were dating at that time, but they decided to have their respective homes.

They thought about moving together but given the circumstances this plan was cancelled. JJ closed the door for what it seemed forever.

Not only the door of his house, the door of his heart too.

Kiara wanted to visit him, but he made things clear that rainy night. She visited Sarah and John b, she received calls from Cleo and Pope each week, but...something was missing.

She parks in front of his house as she waits for him to come outside. She texted him to be ready at ten, but Kiara knows JJ is never on time.

She gets out of her car and walks towards the porch, she knocks on his door. "JJ! I told you to be ready at ten!" She shouts.

JJ opens the door, Kiara smiles. "Why can't you never be on time?" She teases him. "It's my speciality." He winks at her.

They get on Kiara's Jeep and they begin driving towards the Marsh, but not their Marsh. "Where are you taking me?" He asks. "You'll see." She replies.

There is a part of the Marsh that flows into a lake, on the kooks side of course. A couple of weeks ago Kiara saw that skates could be rented since now it is frozen. Kiara wondered if it was still open and on the internet she saw that it was.

She parks the car near the skating place, JJ gasps at the sight of it.

The only time JJ ever went ice skating was last Christmas, it was his first Christmas ever without his dad, but instead he had his friends and his girlfriend.

Sarah had been thinking for awhile plans for all of them to do, Sarah had this idea of going ice skating all of them together, at first John B and Pope weren't sure about it, none of the pogues except Kiara and Sarah had done it before.

But JJ and Cleo but, who hadn't tried it before either, stepped forward and encouraged them to do it. Sarah bought the tickets and all of them went for an ice skating afternoon.

JJ sweared Kiara and Sarah were professionals, they moved so easily around all the ice ring. John B was able to walk through the ice but he didn't skate at all.

Pope kept falling, he had no idea on how to stand with those skates, Cleo on the other hand was able to learn the basics of ice skating, but she couldn't practice a lot, she was helping Pope to get up mostly of the time, it was funny to watch.

But JJ...JJ felt diferent.

Kiara teached him on how to move and he learned quickly, at first Kiara took his hand hand so he wouldn't lose his balance, when he remained stable Kiara let him go, but JJ pretended to fall just so he could hold her hand longer.

Sarah was a little bored, John b was afraid of falling so he was basically walking around, Pope kept falling and he couldn't even walk after an hour, Cleo couldn't stop laughing at him.

Kiara and JJ skated together, JJ had a lot of fun and he told Kiara that they had to repeat it next Christmas, Kiara promised it, and here they are now, keeping her promise.