Chapter 9

I woke up to the sound of birds singing. I remember falling asleep here...

"Lexi?" a gentle voice called out "Jc!" I yelled out. I slowly got up, testing my joints. they were frozen to say at the least, he appeared from around the corner and ran over to me.

"Are you hurt? are you cold? of course your cold, its less than 10 degrees" he shrugged off his jacket and handed it to me. I immediately put it on and felt his warmth surround me.

"C'mon Lex, we've got to get you warm. I'll take you to my house" he held out a hand for me to take and I placed my hand in his and we started walking.

"Why are you out here anyway?" I asked Jc. he looked down at my small frame and chuckled.

"I came to find you, stupid, you run off in the middle of home class and nobody knows where you went" he paused "then suddenly you call me in the middle of the night wanting help, or something like that"

I stopped walking and Jc looked back at me. He wrapped his arms around me and warmth surrounded me with such force that i thought i was going to pass out.

"Lets go home, you are stupid for coming out in the woods anyway" he unwrapped himself and i had to jog to keep up with his fast pace.... stupid athlete.

After following Jc for a while, we finally arrived at the back of his house. He knocked on the door, i'm not sure why he even locked the door since he has a dog but, oh well. He called out for his mum and she came down the stairs in a hurry. She paused when she looked at me and worry flashed through her eyes.

"Oh my!" she scurried over to me and checked my face for any injuries.

"Mum, i'm going to get some clothes for Lex, ill be back" He looked over at me and ran up the stairs, two at a time. His mum brought me to the kitchen bench and made me sit on the edge.

"Dear, while Justin is away, i just wanted to ask you something" Her eyes met mine and locked onto them "What happened? why did you call Justin? you could've called someone like your friends?"

"I-i don't know,i guess it was because i trust him" I rubbed my wrists, as they suddenly became very interesting.

"Mum!!!!" Jc called out. His mum looked at me sadly before walking to the stairs. I waited on the kitchen bench and looked at the decor of the house. There was a cute frame by the window that looked like it was a photo of a family by the beach.

In the middle stood a little boy, with chubby cheeks. I smiled to myself as I looked at the younger version of Jc. I remember my mum talking about going to the beach a couple of weeks before she died, but we didn't get to go. I felt hot tears run down my cheeks and I scowled at myself. why am I being so pathetic? weak? useless?

"Lex! we found some clothes for you..... are you ok?" Jc started to smile but stopped short when he noticed me. He wrapped his strong arms around me and i felt safe, for once in my life i actually felt safe.

He wiped my tears away and I smiled, but it came out more like a grimace.

"I'm okay now, I really am" I took the clothes that he placed down for me and walked to a bathroom. i slipped my t-shirt on and tugged the shorts up to my stomach. i looked i the mirror and brushed my fingers through my hair.

i walked out of the bathroom and tied my hair into a pony tail, attempting to tame it. Jc looked over at me and his jaw dropped.

"I-i-i" he stuttered "Wow"

"Justin! Close your mouth before you catch flies!" Jc's mum called out. He snapped his jaw closed and blushed. I bit my tongue, trying so hard not laugh. I took one look at Jc's face and burst out laughing.