𝟒𝟏.

I was staring down at the blood covered steps, awaiting his answer

"Deal. 48 hours is what I'm giving you, I'm warning you." He scowled, releasing me from his grasp.

"Boring" Silas pouted, spinning the knife around in his fingers.

"Thank you" Lenzo panicked, getting up.

Bill ran towards me, lifting me up into his cold arms. His face was flooded with tears, his once clean hands now drenched in blood. Lilith was still weeping by the steps, crying at Rosalie's corpse.

"Move now." Tatiana growled, kicking her.

"You bitch! You bastards!" Lilith screamed, grabbing Tatiana.

I gasped quietly as Tatiana slit her throat, her head hanging off. She dropped onto the floor, blood seeping out of her. Coughing up blood before she went stiff. Lenzo froze, his hands shaky.

"Don't make me change my mind" Emmett chuckled, spitting on Lilith's body.

Bill rushed me out, Serina following. Adam went back inside to drag Lenzo out, his face frozen in time. I hung my head on bill's shoulder, my eyes going blurry. Every sound becoming blank, my breathing slowing down. I was still bleeding, more now. I don't know If I'll make it, never mind the baby. Lilith is dead now too, killed in cold blood. I wonder where bill's brother is, I thought he would've came. There's been so much loss today, even the air feels depressing.

We finally reached the car, bill sitting me in the back. Serina held me on her lap, covering my wound. I started to blink more slowly, everything blurring out. Before I knew it I passed out.

-16:00pm-
*beep* *beep* *beep*
I fluttered my eyelashes, opening my eyes to a hospital room. I gazed down at my now sewn stomach, an iv bag connected to my arm.

"Your awake!" Serina cried, rushing over.

She sat down on the blue plush chair, next to the bed. She placed her hand on my forehead, checking my temperature.

"Is the baby okay??" I asked, my throat sore.

Her eyes went low, her lips curling down. That sick feeling in my stomach coming back.

"they couldn't save it, I'm so sorry." She pouted.

I immediately bursted out into tears, cupping my face. No words can explain how loosing a child feels, feeling as it was your fault. I was supposed to protect it, now it's gone. Bill is going to be absolutely devastated. Serina hugged me tightly, her warmness comforting me.

"It's going to be okay" she whispered, kissing my head gently.

I sniffed, wiping my cheeks.

"Where is bill?" I spoke, my eyes still teary.

"I'll go get him now" she smiled, getting up.

I sighed, slouching back into the soft pillow. So much has happened today it's hard to process it. Rosalie died, Lilith died and my child did too. I never expected any of this, maybe me dying but not them. It was supposed to be me. I don't feel grateful, I feel selfish. As If I could've saved them. I don't know how any of this will pass, if it ever will. I wasn't ready to be a mother but I didn't want to lose it, I would've raised them. Treated them with all my love, never let anyone hurt them.

I slipped out of my thoughts, gazing over at bill. His eyes were red, his makeup dragged down his sad face. He trailed towards me, sitting in the chair. He slithered his hand into mine, tears strolling down his face.

"I'm so sorry." He gasped, holding his mouth.

"it wasn't your fault bill." I pouted, gripping his hand tightly.

"I couldn't protect you or the baby, I'm useless against them." He sobbed.

"It's going to be okay, we'll get through this." I huffed, leaning in to hug him.

I ignored the pain in my stomach, wanting to feel his touch. Nothing matters when I'm with him. He's all that I care about. The only thing I live for, want to live for. If I ever lose him, I'll lose myself. I've never loved anyone like him, he's so special to me.

I glanced back over at the door, seeing Lenzo peeking in. I motioned for him to come in, he obliged. He walked over to the plastic chairs by the window, slouching into one.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, looking over at his hollow eyes.

"I don't know, I can't believe they killed her. I'm just glad you're safe, I'll be fine." He smiled weakly.

"I hope your okay" I sighed.

The room fell silent, only quiet buzzing from the light above could be heard. I hope we all get through this. It's a hard time for all of us. Lenzo really loved her. Now she's gone. I'm glad I still have bill here with me, without him I'd be alone. This is my life now and I've accepted that, I just wish it was easier. Why must there be so much hate and conflict in this world? Why can't we all be honest and kind. It's really sad, realising how we've all changed. It's not even like we could go to the police, they have a deal with those monsters.

"When will we able to go home?" I questioned, breaking the deafening silence.

"Tomorrow hopefully." Bill smiled.

"Are you going to do it?" I mumbled.

"Do what?" He spoke, confused.

"Turn me. Are you going to do it" I responded, hoping it will be him.

"Is that what you want?" He asked, rubbing my arm.

"yes, only if you do it." I nodded.

"Then I will" he approved, gazing into my eyes.

Serina and Adam came into the room, moving a trolley. She parked it near my bed, handing me a plate of food. My belly rumbled seeing it, immediately taking it from her. Bill flicked on the static television, putting on a channel. I sat back, digging into the chicken dinner.

"You don't need to all stay here" I smiled.

"Bill is staying here with you, we'll be going in an hour to make sure nothing else happens" Lenzo sighed, playing with his shirt.

I nodded, chewing the piece of chicken in my mouth. I don't like to be the centre of attention, I'd rather be unnoticed. That way people don't ask questions. In my case that won't be happening, seeming as I just almost died..