𝟐.

I trailed behind Natalie,watching as she struggled to put her boots on, I turned my gaze to her home, scanning her neatly decorated hallway

I trailed behind Natalie,watching as she struggled to put her boots on, I turned my gaze to her home, scanning her neatly decorated hallway. The walls were painted an off shade of white, her house was filled with comfort and a slight tinge of rich perfume, her flooring being a deep shade of brown almost complementing the walls, her decor seems to be quite old fashion but still had a modern touch to it.

"ready?" She smiled, moving into my view.

I nodded before stepping back out into the bitter wind, hugging my arms into my cold chest.
She quickly locked the front door, pulling her car keys out to unlock the car doors. I stumbled into the snow covered ground below, opening the passenger door. My snow covered boots fell onto the small carpet, slouching deep into the leather seats. She soon hopped in next to me, wiping the ice from her window.

"So how old are you?" She questioned, starting the engine.

"Just turned 18 around a month ago" I replied, putting my hand near the warm heater.

"oh wow you're young, I'm 21" she laughed slightly.

I laughed with her for a moment before turning to face her, her eyes plastered on the icy road ahead.

"So why is this town so quiet?" I asked, curious.

"I'm not sure it's been like this ever since the incident" she sighed.

"What incident?" I raised my eyebrow.

"A month back a family went camping in the woods, when they didn't return a Neighbor called the police. There was a whole search party and when they found the bodies they were completely drained of blood, with multiple bite marks all over. A week later the police said that wild bears had been roaming around the forest and advised for people to stay away from there" she spoke, taking a much needed deep breath.

"Woah I never expected that, pretty dark" I gasped, leaning back into my seat.

She nodded as she turned the radio up, humming along to the low music. I stared out of the frosted windows, scanning the empty streets, there was nobody to be seen.We were pretty much in the nearby town by now and I thought people would be shopping but I guess not.
~~
I hopped out of the car, pulling my bag over my shoulder, patiently waiting for Natalie. She came to my side and began walking ahead as I followed, in front of us were a few shops. A grocery shop, a clothing outlet, a furniture shop and some electrical one. We headed to the furniture shop first since it would take the longest, Natalie directed me to the beds whilst she looked at some wooden tables.

I walked down the rough purple carpeted floor, gazing over the row of beds, I fell in love with the second one. It was fully cushioned all around, the white one catching my attention. Satisfied, I pulled up the price tag and to my surprise it was relevantly cheap.
"€800 what a bargain" I grinned, looking for a worker.

"Do you want that one?" A deep voice spoke elegantly.

I turned around to see a tall man with black and blonde dreads, his skin was pale and his eyes were a piercing dark brown colour.

"Do you work here?" I questioned, not seeing a name tag.

"No but I've never seen you here before" he smirked, walking towards me.

"oh I just moved here" I smiled, still looking for a worker.

"you smell nice" he whispered, leaning into my neck.

"y/n?" Natalie yelled.

I turned around to see her standing there with a worker, a smile on her face.

"That one miss?" The worker smiled, looking at the tag.

"yes please" I hummed, turning back around.

The tall man was no longer there almost like he vanished, I shrugged it off and began looking at some couches.

~13:00~
I ended up buying a lot more than I expected, a new bed, a couch, a rug, a table and chairs, a wardrobe, groceries, towels, bed sheets, pillows, new clothes & cutlery. Since Natalie's car was too small a worker offered to follow us in a van, carrying the heavy furniture. I agreed obviously, the fee only being €50.

I lay my head back onto the seat before closing my eyes, listening to the soft music playing.

"Wanna grab a drink later?" Natalie sang, nudging my arm.

"Sure how's 7?" I asked, opening my eyes.

"yeah that's fine, do you want help with building the furniture?" She questioned.

"Yes please" I laughed, crossing my arms.

We arrived back into our town soon after, the sweet worker carried my furniture inside for me, as me and Natalie carried the bags from her car inside and began setting it up.

𝟏𝟕:𝟐𝟓𝐩𝐦
I sat on the new soft couch, taking a small sip from my coffee, flicking through the channels. I pulled a fluffy blanket over my shaky body, laying my head on the arm of the chair, the once cold house was now warm. I got Natalie to check out the heating system and luckily she fixed it, meaning I won't need the expensive fireplace anymore.

"Fuck" I yelled, looking at the time.

My mind completely slipped away from me, the plans for later coming closer. I shoved the soft blanket off of me, slamming my coffee down onto the table. I rushed up the hard wood stairs, swinging the bedroom door open. I yanked my wardrobe door open, pulling out some black flare jeans, a gray low cut top and my casual leather jacket. I quickly threw on the clothes, pairing some small heels with it, it's still cold outside so I can't wear dressy things just yet. I sat on my stern bed and began straightening my long hair before applying some makeup and perfume. My shaky hands barely getting the job done, constantly checking my phone for the time.

"Come on" Natalie yelled, walking into my house.

"Coming!" I screamed, quickly applying some clear lipgloss.

I stumbled down the stairs with a crash, meeting Natalie's eyes, her outfit catching my eye, a black corset top, dark blue jeans, a beige jacket and some small wedges.

"You look nice" she pouted.

"You look gorgeous but let's get going" I winked, pushing her out of the door..