~♡𝕸𝖊𝖗𝖒𝖆𝖎𝖉♡~

~♡Day 14- Mermaid♡~
🚧Breaking and Entering, Grossness, Emotional Manipulation, Codependedness, Fear of Abandonment🚧

~♡♡♡~

"Should we be doing this?" Your friend asked, looking around the dark street, as you used the key you never returned to unlock the doors "We'll be fine, I just want a few posters. Besides, they never gave me my last paycheck so really they owe me."

You opened the door and grimaced as you stepped into the flooded aquarium. It wasn't even enough to be over your feet but it was enough to be a little annoying. While people were closing up for the last time and just decided it was no longer their problem, not like they acted like it was their problem when they did fucking work there! You had to take a deep breath, getting war flashbacks from when you worked at this crappy place.

You worked there for three years, but they fired you half a month before they closed the place down for having so many OSHA and health violations. The reason? Oh well of course you were doing your job as manager and told the owner's daughter to god forbid do her job and she hated that! So they tossed you out like trash as if you didn't devote three whole years of your life to keeping that place up and running and it truly showed when they got closed down while she was the manager. 

 You and your friends walked through the main intense with flashlights, and you found yourself to be right as sharps of tank glass seemed to litter the floor. But it was strange, it wasn't just one tank. It was almost all of them.

"Someone must have had a tantrum on the last day." You tried to joke to lighten the mood but your three friends didn't seem to enjoy it much. As you kept walking you realized it wasn't just the tanks sitting on tables but the ones built into the walls had also been shattered, god was this place robbed already or something? What would they even be looking for in tanks? Or maybe the owners really did have a tantrum.

"If all the tanks are broken where are the fish carcasses? This water isn't deep enough for them to live in, they should be littering the floor?" Your friends all looked to you, like you had all the answers "I don't know, I'd assume they sent the fish off to other aquariums, I know a lot of the things here would have people fighting to have them in their places." You kept walking, the dark and silent aquarium regaining to give you the creeps as well. It was just, unsettling. Empty and wet with no sign of care.

Finally, you pushed past the door that led to the outside concrete tanks. It was outside, but covered by a roof so they could still do shows in the rain. You walked over to the railless tank and leaned over a bit, frowning hard. Hizashi used to live in this thing. Hizashi is one of the few mermaids captured by humans, he was caught in a fishing net and had to be rushed into shore as it cut through his neck pretty badly. When he was patched he was sent here to live in the orca tank since it died just a month earlier. It used to be a pretty tank full of real sea life and native fish. Now you look down and the green water, you can't even see through it anymore. 

You frowned as your friends finally came over, not even remotely close as you "Y/n get away from the opening that's dangerous." 

"Oh please I've stood closer than this before-Ah!" You heard a splash behind you only a moment before something latched onto your waist and yanked you back. Falling into the cold slimy water as your friends yelled out for you in a panic. You surfaced a moment later and looked around the pool in shock before suddenly blonde hair flashed in your vision as you were hugged.

"Hizashi!?"

He let out a happy chirp as he nuzzled your face, you could feel his relief and excitement in the way he squeezed you "Oh Hizashi, it was you who busted the tanks huh baby? You we're just hungry." He squeezed you even harder as you petted his hair. They left all the fish here to just die. You felt sick to your stomach, the next time you see those people in town your gonna beat their ass! 

You pulled him off and lead him to the edge, climbing out your friends looked at you shocked, piss scared and surprised at how calm you were "Help me pull him out, we can't just leave him here." They looked hesitant but helped you pull the large merman out of the water and carry him out of the aquarium and into the back of your car.

"We just stole a merman."

"We didn't steal him, they left him and everything else to die in there and I can't be that heartless." 

♡♡♡

"Alright Zashi, I know can tuna isn't all that and a bag of chips but it's all I can get on a gas station salary budget. You handed the bowl to the merman lying a little cramped in your filled-up bathtub. It was a little awkward to shower with him in there a bit ago but you didn't wanna be slimy. You know you gonna have to let him go very soon. You can't live like this. 

And two days of having a curious merman in your bathroom made you call your friends back up and they helped you in the dead of night carry him to the beach and set him into the same waters he came from years ago. Hes fully healed now, he can go back. He sat in the shallow water looking at you with those pretty green eyes.

"Go Hizashi, your free now." 

Your friends patted your back as they left you there, you were the only one with emotions in this after all. He let out a confused chirp, looking from the open water to you before scooting closer to the beach "No Hizashi. You need to go."

He reached his hand out to you "I can't go with you Hizashi." He let out a sad chirp, little tears collecting in his eyes at the thought of being alone once more.

♡♡♡

Your friend helped your other friend slip through your bedroom window "Y/n! Girl we haven't seen you in week! Are you ok!?" They checked all over your house, you were nowhere to be found.

~♡♡♡~

(1099 Words)