Chapter 3

Braelyn watched as her little sister entered the office and froze there were a lot more people here than Bonnie probably expected however Braelyn knew better. She watched as Bonnie walked over to the only empty chair and sat down. Mrs Gandilley and her partner both looked around the room and nodded before speaking "You all are gathered here today to hear the reading of the final will Of Shelia Bennett".

Some persons in the room paled as they had no idea whose reading, they had been summoned for and the news devastated them. Mrs Gandilley opened the envelope and pulled out the respective papers.

"I Shelia Bennet in sound body and mind declare this to be my Final will. Unto my daughter Miss. Abigail Bennett, I bequeath unto you $20,000 for your personal use. I forgive you for when you ran, I didn't understand then, but I do now.

To my nephew Zion Bennett, when my sister died you struggled but stuck to our Bennett family values and took care of your family you are a good father and a great brother. I leave you $20,000 and the deed to your mother's property in Salem. Make us proud and continue to take care of your family.

To my niece Zahra-Rose Bennett, you and Zion have always been close and have fought to protect our family legacy in New Orleans. Your mother, uncle and I are proud of the woman you have become like your brother you have made a legacy. I leave you $20,000 and the deed to your father's property in Washington as he asked me to hold on to it for you. You have trained your daughters well we are happy with you.

To my only and favourite Grand-nephew Elion Zayan Bennett, I watched you grow up with your grandmother's eyes, and grandfather's wisdom. You have the Bennett's temper and strength. I also know about the promise you and Braelyn made to one another and I trust you to stay by her side as her chosen second. I leave you the sum of $50,000 for all your endeavours and the deed to a house in the English countryside that I bought for you. Continue to emulate our family motto and grow in your talents.

To my six grandnieces Shamsi Evangaline Bennett, Shaye Alora Bennett, Seena Emalyn Bennett, Safiya Evara Bennett, Sadira Anika Bennett and Seren Aurelia Bennett. You are young and still learning of your talent and the family gift however I see the immense strength in you so I leave to each of you in a trust the sum of $25,000 this will be available to you on your 26th birthday.

To my Niece Lucy Calia Bennett, your father my baby brother died early on in life and your mother followed shortly after. I know of your talents and intelligence, and I understand that you have sacrificed much I leave to you the sum of $20,000 to use however you wish, I also release to you as your twenty-fifth birthday would have passed by the time this is read the trust fund that your father set up for you and the deed to the house in Southern California that your mother left to you.

To my favourite students Levi Joseph, Nova Daniels and Caius Bianchi I leave a sum of $5000 each. To Levi, I leave the electric guitar in my home that is still wrapped, to Nova I leave the Black Grand Piano that sits near the Christmas tree my special gift to you. To Caius, I leave a brand-new violin that also sits near the Christmas tree and this advice purpose to the girl already, I know you're scared but she loves you with her whole heart and Levi will support you.

Now to my granddaughter Bonnie Shelia Bennett, I leave the beginner journals I originally made for your mother. I also leave you with the emerald necklace I had made for you and finally, I leave you the sum of $20,000 in an account that neither of your parents can touch.

To my grandson Oryn Aeros Bennett, I leave you the sum of $21,000 and a letter from your father from before he passed alongside your trust fund that you shall get access to on your 25th birthday. I also leave you the deed to your family vacation home in California.

To my granddaughter Diora Sophia Bennett, I leave to you the sum of $21,000 and a letter from your father alongside this I leave you the trust fund that you shall have access to on your 25th birthday. I also leave you the deed to your family home in Georgia.

Finally, to my beloved granddaughter Braelyn Anastasia Kana Cerys Nayeli Bennett whom I named myself, I leave you the rest of my estate and the sum of twenty-five million dollars alongside this I leave you a letter and officially pass on the Alayza estate over to you. Braelyn you have taken care of me in my last days by sending funds for my day-to-day living and appointments even though I told you it was not necessary. To you, I also leave the family headship and in my safe, there is a letter from your father and aunt from before the accident."

After that, the lawyers paused and then continued "This is the end of the reading of the Final will of Mrs.Shelia Bennett" Bonnie was stunned that she had so many family members that she had never met, She watched as they all where handed their letters and deeds while a group of three people whom she assumed to be the students hugged each other while crying. The blonde pulled away and kneeled pulling out a ring "Nova Marie Daniels will you marry me".

She watched as the girl nodded and her family members congratulated them finally she took her things and was ushered out of the room where Sheriff Forbes stood with Jenna who hugged her tightly. Finally, Braelyn walked out with the lawyers who looked at her and slowly walked over with a large box "These are the books and necklace your grams left for you and the information for the account is also here.

 Bonnie nodded and thanked them before making her way to her car. "Bonnie, are you okay?" Jenna asked softly as the girl nodded "Yeah just a bit overwhelmed" Before Jenna could answer a girl ran over "Hey I'm Diora your cousin sorry to catch you like this, but your dad has a restraining order against most of the family so I'm the only one that can approach you. We are very sorry that you lost Grams if you need anything I attended Yale here's my number just call and let me know".

After that, she quickly ran off leaving Bonnie feeling confused and hurt why did her dad have a restraining order against her family? What did she mean by the only one that could talk to her did it apply to her mum as well? Jenna sighed and ushered the nearly catatonic girl into the passenger seat before getting in and driving off. Did Rudy really think Bonnie wouldn't find out about what he did?

___

Braelyn stood with her cousins as Diora spoke to Bonnie "So has she apologised yet?" Elion asked as a woman drove Bonnie away from the building. Braelyn just laughed "Bonnie doesn't think she has anything to apologise for" She heard her cousins Zion and Zahra scoff. 

Zion leaned over his voice filled with anger as he spoke "So she doesn't know that Abby was married to your father and for at least two years when you were born, or that Rudy forced her to divorce him using blackmail and then abused her for the four probably six years of their marriage." 

Braelyn just shrugged "Rudy was always upset that after college Mum got over him and it took him being gone for a year for her to marry someone new, he poisoned her mind against me and frankly I don't care let's go we have instruments to give away".

Elion threw his arm over her shoulder "We'll deal with Bonnie later what is this I hear about a doppelganger?" Braelyn felt her lip twitch as she tried her best not to react to the statement before a small chuckle left her lips "Elena Gilbert, Bonnie's forever best friend".

Who started laughing first no one could tell but the irony of the situation was strong and frankly they didn't know if they should laugh or cry. Finally, after they managed to compose themselves Braelyn dropped another bomb "Oh yeah Fate and Mother Nature gave me a prerogative the Mikealson family is off-limits we are not to hurt them at all" Lucy immediately deflated 'Oh no I helped Katherine" 

Braelyn paused "You didn't know just don't do it again and stay low okay" Her cousin nodded and the family quickly made their way into their vehicles it was time for them to go. 

Authors Note:

Shelia is a powerful witch who stood her ground I firmly believe that she used her magic on occasion to bring in some cash. Bonnie did get something but not as much as the sister she hated. And you get to met some of the Bennetts while hearing the family drama enjoy!!