Chapter 22

Braelyn stood in front of the Bennett home; her mind consumed with thoughts of revenge. The night was still, the air thick with the anticipation of what was to come. Placing a bomb under her cousin's car, Damon Salvatore crossed a line that Braelyn believed required retribution, even though no one was hurt. She had waited until everyone was safe and back inside the house. She had waited for days until Elion was home after his trip with Klaus, and now she needed vengeance.

The moon cast a pale glow on the path as Braelyn walked to her car, her footsteps echoing in the stillness. She was a formidable witch, her powers honed over years of practice and sacrifice, and she was ready to unleash them on the vampire who dared threaten her bloodline.

As she drove through the quiet streets of Mystic Falls, memories of her recent exploits in New Orleans flickered through her mind. She had cemented her place as the head of the Bennett coven, demonstrating her power and authority to the rest of the supernatural community. Now, it was time to remind Damon Salvatore that she was not about to be trifled with.

The Salvatore boarding house loomed ahead, its dark silhouette against the starry sky a foreboding sight. Braelyn parked her car and stepped out, her heart pounding with a mix of anger and anticipation. She approached the front door, her senses heightened as she reached out with her magic to sense any danger.

The door swung open before she could knock, revealing Damon Salvatore standing in the doorway, a smug smile playing on his lips. "Braelyn Bennett," he drawled, leaning against the doorframe. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Braelyn's eyes narrowed, her anger simmering just beneath the surface. "You know exactly why I'm here, Damon. You tried to kill my cousin."

Damon's smile widened, a glint of amusement in his eyes. "Ah, yes. That little incident. Shame it didn't work out, isn't it?"

Braelyn stepped closer, her presence radiating power. "You made a mistake, Damon. And now, you're going to pay for it."

Damon's expression darkened, his casual demeanour slipping away. "You think you can take me on, Braelyn? I'm not some fledgling vampire you can push around."

Braelyn raised her hand, a surge of magic crackling at her fingertips. "I don't need to push you around, Damon. I just need to make you regret ever crossing me."

Before Damon could react, Braelyn unleashed a blast of magical energy, sending him crashing into the wall. The force of the impact splintered the wooden panelling, and Damon groaned as he struggled to his feet.

"You're going to regret that," he snarled, his vampire speed propelling him toward Braelyn in a blur. But Braelyn was ready. With a flick of her wrist, she conjured a barrier of energy, stopping Damon in his tracks. He slammed into the invisible wall, his eyes widening in shock.

"You're not the only one with tricks up your sleeve, Damon," Braelyn said, her voice cold and unyielding.

Damon's eyes flashed with fury as he tried to break through the barrier, but Braelyn's magic held firm. She stepped closer, her gaze locked on his. "You threatened my family," she said, her voice low and dangerous. "And now, I'm going to show you what happens when you mess with a Bennett witch."

With a wave of her hand, Braelyn sent Damon flying across the room, his body crashing into a bookshelf with a thunderous crash. Books and debris scattered across the floor as Damon struggled to his feet, blood trickling from a gash on his forehead.

"You'll pay for this, Braelyn," he growled, his eyes glowing with rage. Braelyn smiled, a dangerous glint in her eyes. "Not if you pay first."

She advanced on him, her magic swirling around her like a tempest. Damon lunged at her, but she was faster, her spells striking him with precision and power. Each blow sent him reeling, his vampire strength no match for her witchcraft.