Chapter 21:Angels are up today

Azazel kept desperately trying to flee Gungnir. It seemed like all hope had been lost, until he pondered on the words Aniel said before. 'Gungnir never misses it's target.' This means he would have to somehow let himself get hit without dying. He was flying way beyond the battlefield now. Gungnir's speed depends on the strength of the person throwing it. Had Odin thrown it Azazel would have already been sniped. Running out of stamina and magic power he realized he had to act soon.

Suddenly a brilliant thought came to his head. Azazel tried to make distance by flying at his absolute maximum speed.

"Swoosh!" The angel took off. When Angels have their wings sprouted they fly faster than most beings. With a great distance between him and Gungnir, Azazel began doing hand gestures.

"As if something like this can stop someone like me." He said arrogantly suddenly. Light rings form in the air behind Azazel as the spear passed through them.

"Slowing Time Race." He said calmly. Each time the spear passed through them it began to decrease in speed. He had realized less speed meant less power. This happened for about 100 rings before it was moving slow enough for him to stop completely. Though the spell would not last forever so this was his only chance. He spread his arms out wide and chanted,

"Heaven's 13 Legion Defense!!!!" A large golden light shield many times the size of mountains appeared in-between him and the spear. Azazel also crossed his arms and did an X block for added protection covering his head which the weapon had been aming for. He also channeled the full intensity of his aura into just his arms. He would be completely out of magic after this.

"Ahhhhhh!" He shouted as the spear picked up speed and approached.

"Swish!!" The sound of it ripping through the shield was made. Azazel had a shocked expression as it tore into his arms, piercing it and approaching his head. However, it barely pierced his forehead. He had done just enough to stop himself from dying he merely had a bleeding forehead. He was in pain but relieved.

On the battlefield

Duma and Sigrun began clashing again. The Valkyrie repeated the rapid slashes that got her before but this time Duma managed to parry them all and counter with a spear thrust towards her head. Sigrun slaps the head away parrying it and going for an overhead slash which Duma blocked by raising her spear above her head. This time Sigrun could not cleave through her spear as Duma's aura was completely released. They struggled for a bit. The Seraph manages to kick her in the stomach to send her back only a dozen meters. A stray arrow randomly approaches Sigrun but the Valkyrie easily parried it by turning around and doing a spinning hook kick.

"You're stronger than before but its not enough to beat me..." Sigrun remarked as they eyed each other. Duma then pointed the spear at her with both hands gripping it. Sigrun just stood there.

"All killing ray." Duma muttered. A massive beam of white light shot out at Sigrun. With no effort at all the Valkyrie raised her sword in the air and cleaved the attack in two. The ray split off towards the ocean. This caused the angel to get a shocked expression but quickly makes it stern again.

"I'm afraid... I don't have a choice. I can't beat you in close quarters or with magic. That leaves me with two options." Duma pondered out loud. Sigrun tilted her head in curiousity like a dog would. The Valkyrie observed her for a second and then her expression changed to complete shock. Duma had stabbed herself in her own chest with her spear. Blood splattered out her mouth and she winced in pain. The angel glances up at the upper clouds, closes her eyes with her left hand in the air and chants,