The engagement

Van was sitted in front of his father dressed up in a red suit.

"Listen this engagement is beneficial for me but also you once you marry him you will be set for life, so don't mess it up."

"But dad I just turned twenty one, he is almost thirty." Nat said to his father

"Nat no-one cares about the age matter and think about me and the company "his father said looking at him seriously.

Nat sunk into the couch looking defeated. The proposal was already set and the man  already agreed to it.

"What kind of person agrees to marry a person who is ten years younger than him and has never met him." Nat said in his thoughts.

A man walked in. He was in a blue suit and and his white hair was neatly patted on his head. His muscles were well defined in that suit. His perfume was strongly scented that it got Nat's attention.

"Mr Veen, You are finally here please have a sit." Nat's dad said ushering Veen into the parlour.

"Thank you, Mr Ranne. You must be Nat." Veen said greeting Mr Ranne and extended his arm out to Nat.

Nat timidly returned the handshake. Veen slightly smiled and sat right next to Nat.

Mr Ranne and Veen began to speak with each other discussing business matters with light mentions of Nat's name. Nat looked distressed every time he had his name. Mr Ranne drawed out a contract and made Veen sign.

"Nat please accompany Veen to his car."

"Okay father." Nat said as he stood up and led Veen outside the house.

As Veen and Nat walked towards the car, Nat seemed stressed. Veen saw this expression on his face and decided to engage him in a conversation.

"Nat why do you seem disturbed and distant. "

"I'm fine, Mr Veen." Nat said with a nonchalant tone.

"Then would you mind if we met for a date tomorrow."

"Sure."

Veen smiled at Nat's answer and entered his car and drove away. Nat breathed a sigh of relief and went into the house where is dad was waiting for him.

"What did Veen say to you." His dad said to him.

"He asked to go out on tomorrow."

"Okay great make sure you don't mess up everything should be perfect. "

"Okay father "

*********

Nat walked into college as he looked around for his best friend, Lee. A short boy walked to Nat. His hair was dyed lilac and had a piercing on one year. He wrapped his arms around Nat's neck a said,

"Son of royal hotels chairman,Nat Ranna set to marry country's well renowned Real Estate tycoon Veen Priat, you were trending last night and also today."

Lee passed his phone over to Nat. Nat looked at the news article and returned the phone to Lee.

"Why is everyone making a big deal out of this. It's not that big of a deal. He is only agreeing to this marriage only to get my dad to partner up with him so he can have a bit of control over the hotels" Nat said while walking with  Lee towards a bench.

"Or he genuinely likes you." Lee said with hope

"Like me he met with me for the first time yesterday. " Nat said with a sarcastic tone in his voice

" less of him and more on you, the is a ballroom at the pit today and category is golden child eleganza you up the gown is already done."

"Can not go I have a date with him today."

Lee looked at Nat with a smile on his face and nudged him on his shoulder.

"No I have to go not be my choice but for dad."

"I said nothing." Lee said and chuckled.