Chapter 33

The Betrayal

Nel and Jamaica sat in their prison cells, unaware of Kevin's transformation. They were still trying to figure out how to escape and defeat Xylo.

"I'm worried about Kevin," Jamaica said. "I haven't seen him since we were captured."

"Me neither," Nel said. "I hope he's okay."

Suddenly, the door to Nel's cell opened.

Kevin stood there, transformed into his new form.

"Kevin?" Nel said. "What happened to you?"

"I am the great evil that the prophecy warned about," Kevin said. "And I am here to destroy you."

Nel and Jamaica looked at each other in shock. They couldn't believe that their friend had betrayed them.

"Why, Kevin?" Jamaica asked. "Why are you doing this?"

"Because I am tired of being a Celestial Guardian," Kevin said. "I am tired of being told what to do. I want to be free."

"But you're hurting people," Nel said. "You're going to destroy the universe."

"I don't care," Kevin said. "I only care about myself."

Kevin raised his hand and blasted Nel with a powerful energy beam.

Nel screamed in pain as the energy beam hit him. He was thrown across the cell and slammed into the wall.

Jamaica rushed to Nel's side.

"Nel!" she cried.

Nel looked up at Jamaica. "Don't worry about me," he said. "Get out of here."

"But I can't leave you," Jamaica said.

"You have to," Nel said. "You have to find a way to defeat Kevin."

Jamaica nodded. She knew that Nel was right. She had to find a way to stop Kevin, even if it meant leaving him behind.

Jamaica stood up and ran out of Nel's cell. She knew that she was in a race against time. She had to find a way to defeat Kevin before he destroyed the universe.

**Meanwhile, in Kevin's prison cell**

Kevin stood there, looking at the damage he had done. He had just blasted his own friend with a powerful energy beam.

Kevin felt a pang of regret. But then he quickly pushed it aside.

He had to do what he had to do to be free.

Kevin smiled. He was now the most powerful being in the universe. There was nothing that could stop him.

Kevin raised his arms and unleashed a blast of energy that destroyed his prison cell. He then flew out of the flagship and into space.

Kevin looked around at the universe. He was now the master of all.

Kevin laughed. He was finally free.

Jamaica ran through the corridors of Xylo's flagship, desperately searching for a way to escape. She knew that Kevin was coming for her, and she had to get out before he found her.

She turned a corner and saw a group of guards ahead. She quickly hid behind a crate.

The guards passed by, unaware of her presence.

Jamaica took a deep breath and continued on her way. She came to a door and opened it. Inside was a large room with a control panel in the center.

Jamaica recognized the control panel. It was the main control panel for the flagship.