Chapter 13; meeting the in-laws

Nadia's Pov:

I wake up this morning with a greeting from mother nature, urghh! Then ofcourse Ayan calling me. I pick the call and we start talking

' Me- hellooo!

Ayan- good morning! How was your  night

Me- good Alhamdulilah(all praise due to God), yours?

Ayan- good. I want to take you to meet my mom tomorrow if possible

Me- okay I will call Ummi and ask

Ayan- they are not back?

Me- nopp!

Ayan- okay please let me know your answer before the end of today.

Me- okayyy! Now get off the phone, I hate talking in the morning, lemme alone

Ayan- it's not your fault, rubbish! Sha byyee love

Me- I know, byeee! '

I drag my lazy self and I enter the toilet, and I do my business before coming out and getting dressed for office.

Yesss! I called early to tell them I will be late because I am really tired from Friday and Saturday's stress.

I quickly open my wardrobe to look for an outfit, I finally decide on a white top and blue skirt and brown belt with a long blue coat, I pick up my handbag and shoes, and I eat breakfast then leave.

I didn't bother to check up on Anwar because I know he's already at work. I reach the office, I sign in and I move to my office lazily.
On the way I meet Sa'eed, he has been surprisingly nice to me these days, we talk for a while before I meet Faiha already sitted and soo engulfed in her work that she didn't notice me, I had to clear my throat

"ohhh baby girl sorry I didn't notice you"

"It's fine!"

" Hope you are well rested now"  she asks

"Yeppp!"

I sit down and I also start working, I knew I wanted to do something but I can't seem to remember what it is. I am soo confused so I just brush it off and I continue my work.

I didn't even realise time has passed soo much, I check to see 4:00, I am not praying, so I didn't pray Zuhr and it's already time for Asr,wow! Sha I decide to go on a lunch break. I carry my handbag and I drive to nosta café.

I order the usual and I sit down waiting for my order before I check my phone to see several missed calls from Ayan. Oh God! I just remembered, I was supposed to call Ummi and ask her about my visit to Ayan's parents. I call back feeling a little nervous and he picks almost immediately.

"Hey! Sorry I am just seeing your call. My phone was on DND". I say nervously

"Nadia why now??! I told you severally to stop putting your phone on do not disturb, what if it was an emergency? What is wrong with you for heaven's sake"