Chapter 24: Wedding events

Nadia's Pov:

After Noor's wedding, Salma tells us she's pregnant, OMG! I am gonna be an aunt yayyy! On the other hand, my wedding is in two weeks so the Kayan lefe(betrothal gifts) have been brought, and I am so happy and at the same time so sad and nervous. I miss Noor, she's usually the one to comfort me, Roohi and Anwar are still not talking, well it has always been Roohi avoiding him and him not giving up. I really hope they work out, it won't be well with Salwa.

I go over to Roohi's and we gist for a while and after lunch, I leave. I am starting gyaran jiki today( something arewa brides do using tumeric and all kinds of stuff to make the body glow and have this lingering scent).
Honestly I feel overwhelming, the last time something like this happened, I was in pain.

For my wedding, the events will be bridal shower, henna party, and daurin aure. I am excited.

I send parcels to my friends asking all of them if they will be my bridesmaids and I send one to Noor all the way to UK asking if she will be my chief bridesmaid, I send one to Ya Aliya, I send one to Ya Safeena( Ya Muhammad's wife), I send one all the way to Canada to Ya Fauziyya( Ya Zayyad's wife), and also Ashley, my friend in Canada.

Ya Muhammad is coming to Abuja and Ya Zayyad is coming to Nigeria, and obviously Salma and Noor. I feel really excited. It's gonna be a family reunion.

***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Today is the bridal shower and we decide to make it a pj party kinda thing, only that we are all in robes and no photographer, just us.

We take group pictures and we have fun, we eat, drink and play some games

We take group pictures and we have fun, we eat, drink and play some games. Later on, we decide to rest for the day. It was really a bridal shower to remember.

***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****
Today is the henna party and it doesn't start until 4pm. So I get a message from Ya Muhammad telling me to meet him in his room immediately I finish my gyaran jiki, so when I finished and took a shower, I put on my hoodie and leggings, vintage scarf before going to meet him. I enter the room to meet not only him but all my brothers.

"Assalamu Alaikum" I announce my presence.

"Wa'alaikum salam, Nadia please come in"

I enter, and honestly I am scared, I sit down in the middle and they all turn to look at me, Ya Muhammad goes first