Chapter 16; The big breakup

Nadia's Pov:

We are currently in the second week of December which means, by this weekend, my kayan lefe( betrothal gifts)  will be brought by Ayan's Aunties and honestly I don't know if I should be happy or nervous. The week has gone by eventless and tomorrow is the day they will be bringing the gifts.

I pack for the weekend and I go to Noor's. We decide to go out and have some fun, I am so excited because I came prepared.

So on Saturday, we get ready, I put on a long green gown top and blue jeans with a gold and white canvas

while Noor puts on a long black camisole and a purple Abaya with black heels.

After getting dressed, we called Roohi and Faiha to come so we will all meet up at Santorini but Faiha is feeling sick while Roohi ditches us for Anwar

After getting dressed, we called Roohi and Faiha to come so we will all meet up at Santorini but Faiha is feeling sick while Roohi ditches us for Anwar. Sometimes they disgust me especially how he's a complete gentleman when it comes to her.

    So we head to Santorini, we both order their spicy Shawarma and I order oreo milkshake while Noor orders strawberry milkshake. We take pictures, we have fun, I then decide to post my own picture on my Instagram page.

I post it and immediately it's uploaded, I get many notifications of people liking it. 20 minutes later, Ayan calls me and I pick the call

"Hey boo"

"Take it down Nadia, I don't like it"

"You don't like what? I am confused"

"Stop pretending and take the fucking picture downn"

"I don't understand"

"Listen, you are going to be my wife in few months to come, I don't want a picture of you wearing revealing clothes on your Instagram"

"Ayan! I don't understand, the clothes are not revealing at all"

"Just take it down"

"Okay"

I end the call with tears in my eyes, Noor understood what happened from the phone call and she tries to console me.

"Babes Calm down, I don't know why he's acting like this"

" What did I do wrong Noor, what I am wearing is not revealing at all, laifi nayi mai ne? Mesa yake yimin haka wai?" ( Did I offend him? Why is he treating me this way?)

"Sorry my love. Let me pay off so we will go and you should just take the picture down, I will handle him".

We head back to Noor's, I greet Aunty( Noor's mom) and we go upstairs to greet Baffa(Noor's dad) before finally going to Noor's room.

We enter the room and I completely break down, I am honestly lost, and the thing is he's not even answering my messages nor picking my calls. I cry and cry till I am tired.

We shower then we go downstairs and we stay by the poolside, Ayan doesn't know I am in their house for the weekend so I guess he just wants to talk to Noor.

"Noor can we talk? I messed up big ti..." He turned to look at me suprised so I just stand up and walk out on him leaving him behind with Noor.

I go up to her room and I cry and cry. Why today of all days? The day our parents are jubilating is also the day we are fighting.

I hear a knock on the door, and I think it's Noor so I open the door but it's Ayan, I look at him waiting for him to talk but all he does is stare at me then he kneels down before me

"Nadia ki yafemin. I know you are forgiving, what I did was wrong and I also don't know why I did but I am very sorry. It was my friend who saw the picture and admired you and I didn't see it, I just called you and I told you to take it down, kiyi hakuri"

"Okay". It was the only thing sensible thing I said. I am about to close the door when Noor intervenes

"Nadia danAllah mana, forgive him, this stupid cousin of mine is an absolute moron and please forgive him on my behalf"

I look at his pleading eyes and I smile before I finally find my voice " get up, I love you"

"I love you too babe".

I enter the room and I shower again, I freshen up then I go downstairs to meet Ayan in Baffa's palour, thankfully Baffa is not there. We gist and gist, till around 6 when my phone starts ringing , I check to see Baba calling, I pick the call with a smile on my face, I put it on speaker so Ayan can also listen thinking it's good news

" Nadia I thought you wanted to continue working even after marriage"

"Yess I want to, what happened Baba?"

"Toh your in-laws are saying that you discussed with Ayan and you both agreed that you will become a full time housewife"

"Ehhn?!" I turn and face Ayan who keeps his head down before finally speaking

"I can explain bae, please listen to me"

"Ayan just tell me it's not true, you know it's one of my dreams to be a working class woman and then you approach me with this?"

"Let me explain please"

"When were you planning on telling me?" I asked with my voice laced with anger and disappointment

"After marriage but I have my reason, please hear me out Nadia"

"Wow!"

"Nadia listen to the young man, we will discuss when you are back tomorrow, please take it easy" Baba speaks, I actually forget that the call is ongoing.

"Okay". I end the call then I face Ayan with tears in my eyes and a face that wants nothing but answers.

"Ayan start talking"

"Okay Nadia, how do you expect me to allow you to work, how can I trust you to be faithful? How am I sure you will stay away from extra marital affairs? How am I sure you wil remain loyal to me? How am I sure...?"

"Stoppp! Please stop! So you don't trust me? You believe I am not loyal, you believe I am not going to be faithful right? It's fine! Ayan, we are donee! Here's your ring, I don't want it".

"What?! Just because of a fucking job Nadia, you know what? I should have known that you are nothing but a fake ass, attention seeking fool"

"Wow! Ayan I wish you the very best in life"

"Gerrout!"

So I tell Noor what happened and in the process Aunty hears us talking and she goes downstairs to slap Ayan and she walks him out of the house.

I carry my little box and I go back home using bolt cox God knows I can't drive. I go home and I meet Ummi and Baba sitting together and the house thankfully empty. I sit down with them, Anwar is on his date, still not back home then we start talking, I tell them everything that happened between Ayan and I.

"Baba I don't want to get married to him, please I don't want to"

Baba hugs me tight before he finally opens his mouth "princess don't worry, no one will force you into marrying anybody"

"Thank you"

Ummi still hasn't said anything and I pray she agrees because I cannot marry Ayan at the expense of my self-respect and my dreams. Ummi finally speaks and what she says shocks Baba and I.

A/N:
Ayan has fucked up🤦🏽‍♀️
I am sooo disappointed in him.
Poor Nadia must be really hurt, I pity her.
What do you think Ummi said🤔