Chapter 29: Family reunion

A/N:
Toh! Grab your tissues. It's a pretty emotional chapter there🤧🤧. Here you go!

Nadia's Pov:

"You heard me right Nadia she's my sister" Maleek says

"Explain" I say to him calmly

"When we were young, Baba had two wives, our Umma and our stepmother, Aunty Maryam. He married Umma first and she gave birth to Rabiah and I, but after giving birth to Rabiah, she died. So we were left to stay with Aunty Maryam and she never liked us, she would leave us starving and when I got older, I started fighting back, I told Baba about it countless times but he didn't believe me till he witnessed it himself.

Aunty Maryam's sisters took Rabiah with them claiming she's their sister's child, and back then she had more power  and she left the marriage with my sister. We lost contact completely.

Baba was afraid of getting married but he tried his luck and married Maama. She treated me as if I was her biological son, and our wedding went viral and that's how  Rabiah reached out to me and we reunited, I was telling her everything because it's been so long, the plan was for me to meet her in Lagos, but then after our fight I realised it's high time she comes back"

He concludes and I look at him, funny how it's his story but I am the one crying. He moves closer and hugs me, and he pats my head.

"Shhhh! Habibty it's fine, you are home now"

"I'm home" I repeat hugging him more

"Won't you introduce my sister in law to me?" Rabiah says
I chuckle looking at her

"Hi love. My name is Rabiah"

"My name is Fatimah but you can call me Nadia"

"Nice to meet you sissy" she says hugging me

I hug her back while Maleek looks at us in awe

"Nadia Ummi and Abba want to speak with you and Abdul" Anwar says coming in

"Sure"

We go in to meet Ummi and Abba sitting on the couch in Abba's palour. We both sit on the carpet with our heads down.

"Abdulmaleek, a month ago Fatima came back home with puffy eyes and a suitcase, her mother and I were very worried but she decieved us with a lie or so she thought.

Now anyone would think I am a bad father for not questioning my daughter being at home for a whole month, I did alot of questioning but no response, her mother also tried but it's the same thing, she was only speaking to Anwar, but I am glad you are back for her, and happy you have sorted out your issues, you have proved to me again that you are a not just a husband by name but also a support system"

"Thank you Abba. I am sorry if we caused you any kind of unrest and worry"

"It's fine my son"

"My son, take your wife back to your home" Ummi says

"Okay Ummi"
We both leave.

I pack my things and with tears, I leave my parents' house and it honestly felt like the first time. I hug Anwar and we leave together in his car. We stop by cityview restaurant and grills to get food because according to Maleek, he doesn't want to trouble me.

We reach home and we all freshen up, and I, Maleek and Rabiah are sitted and eating on the dining table. I run to the toilet to puke, honestly I have been feeling feverish for a while now. I come back to the dining room and Maleek looks at me

"Babe are you okay?"

"Yeah. I am sure it's just fever"

"You should go do a check up" Rabiah suggests