Chapter 26: Suprise!

Nadia's Pov:

I am supposed to stay at my in-laws' house for two months before our house is ready and honestly I don't have a problem. I get dressed and I go downstairs to help Maama in the kitchen, and she stops me telling me how it's like a taboo for a bride to cook till after two weeks. I go back upstairs to wake Maleek up to bathe and eat breakfast.

"Wake up mana!!!" I say shaking him

"Mmmm!" He finally opens his eyes, and I decide to go and meet Rahma(his sister) so we will gist.

"Salam" I announce my presence

"Wa'alaikum salam, Yaya Nadia, Ina kwana"

"Rahma I have told you many times, call me Nadia, I honestly don't want the Yaya thing, it's fineee"

"Toh if you say so"

We gist till we are told breakfast is ready, we sit at the table and I serve Maleek before serving myself.

"Masha Allah, Maama your hands are blessed" I comment because the food tastes very very delicious

"Thanks love" we continue eating in comfortable silence before Baba breaks it.

"So, Nadia what your next plan?"

"Umm... For now I want to concentrate on creating websites for people as a form of business"

"Ohh okay, that's good. But you don't have something bigger in mind?"

"Actually... Before I was thinking of just creating a company for training and all but now I want to have a company that will be for creating new apps"

"Wow! That's very nice, well best of luck"

"How much do you want for your capital?" Maleek asks

"Actually...I have some money in my account that I can start with, and I am not opening the company just yet"

"How much do you have in your account?" He asks again.

"I have about 1million, give or take a few thousands, but it will be enough to start"

"One million is too small for your capital" Maleek says again

"Well...slow and steady wins the race yeah?"

"Toh shikenan but if you need anything at all, don't hesitate to talk to me or Abdul" Baba talks this time around.
"Okay nagode"

I smile and after eating, we go back upstairs. I start calling family and friends and replying messages here and there.

"I want us to go and greet Ummi and Abba next week in sha Allah" Maleek says

"Ohh okay. But why don't we go this week?"

"So you miss Ummi likes this huh?"

"Yesss!" I reply pouting

"Well, we have a family dinner on Saturday sooo"

"What!" And you are just telling me??!"
"Let me explain to you. If a new bride has been brought to our house, she will have dinner with my aunties and uncles, cousins, and also grandma"

"Wow! And you never mentioned it"

"Sorry. It slipped my mind"

"It's fine. Let me call Noor, we have alottt to talk about"

"Ohh okay. Can I join the call?"

"Sureeee"

I call her and she picks almost immediately
"Hellooo bestieee!"