Epilogue (Part 2 of 2)

It's been almost a month since Roa left me. I didn't chase or search for her because I've let her go. I know that begging her to come back will only hurt her.

Gabi na at nakahiga na ako sa kama. I was ready to sleep when someone knocked on my door and heard Ate Zoey's voice.

"Erize, nasa labas yung ex mo. Ikaw na ang magpakita dahil masasaktan ko talaga 'yon," she said.

Ate Zoey and Mom are angry with me because of what I did to Roa. No matter how much I explain to them, they don't believe me. I'm absolutely sure I didn't do anything wrong and didn't deceive Roa. But I don't have strong evidence to make them believe that I did nothing wrong.

I got up from the bed and went outside. After what happened, Coleen only showed up again now. I told her to leave me alone, but here she is, standing in front of our gate.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I need you," she said.

I sighed in vexation. "Please, stop. I hate your presence. I hate you, Coleen. I don't know what I did wrong to you."

"Listen to me first, EJ."

"Please leaveㅡ"

"I'm pregnant," she said before pursing her lips.

Hindi ko alam ano na naman ito but my heart skipped a beat. Coleen had fooled me so many times that I didn't know when she was telling the truth, but now...

She's pregnant? She's pregnant, and what? I'm the father? There's no way I'm the father.

"Why are you telling me that? Do I care?" I said coldly.

"Are you serious? You're the father of this fetus! I won't allow you to just abandon us!" she exclaimed.

I clenched my fist. My heart was racing. I didn't want to believe her, but the way she said it was convincing, and I hated myself for starting to believe her.

"Shut up. I didn't have sex with you, so please stop saying that both of you are my responsibility!" I shouted at her.

Her tears fell. She quickly wiped them away using her palm while her other hand was caressing her tummy.

"Even if you have a DNA test done on the baby, you'll still be the father, EJ. Why don't you believe me? I have no intention of interfering in your life, but I'm doing this for the sake of my baby, of our baby!" she said, trying to make me believe her. But I was slowly starting to believe her.

I heaved a long sigh. "Please, leave."

I closed the gate and walked towards the door. I needed time to process everything. If she's telling me the truth, then I can't forgive myself for what I've done. I shouldn't have done that. I had a girlfriend, I loved her, yet I still cheated on her.

"What's that, EJ?" Mom asked, standing on the stairway. I stopped walking and looked at her.

"It's nothing," I answered.

"It was Coleen, I saw her," she said, fierce.

"Yeah, it was her," I said.

"What's your plan?" she asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, feigning innocence. I sighed.

"Get yourself together, EJ! You've already hurt Roa, and now you're going to hurt Coleen too?" she said, her anger evident.

I furrowed my brow. "Hurt? What are you talking about?"

Maybe because of Mom's raised voice, my older brother came out of his room and took a few steps down the staircase, joining the conversation.