two

hyunjin woke up a earlier than usual, very excited to start dance practice for their new album. he turned over, facing felix, who was fast asleep on his own bed across from hyunjin.

the taller boy stared at felix. he looks so beautiful. he thought back to the days where the best friends could be best friends. hyunjin wasn't big on physical touch or affection from anyone except the freckled aussie. they had a bond no one could understand. then one day, the staff started asking the two boys not to interact as such. they were confused since they didn't have a problem with any of the others interacting. both boys were devastated, felix taking it harder than him.

hyunjin shook his head. maybe they changed their minds, it's been a while since that happened. he missed the relationship he had with his best friend. felix slowly opened his eyes, and met directly with hyunjin's. "good morning, hwang," felix smiled shyly.

"good morning, yongbok," the long haired blond smiled back. "let's get some coffee before practice? i know how much you love the little cafe down the street."

felix contemplated, it would be risky if it were just them two. "sure, let's go," he bit his lip as he tried to cover his smile.

-

"god it smells amazing in here," the shorter boy inhaled the aroma of coffee and fresh baked pastries. hyunjin chuckled as they walked up to place their order.

luckily it wasn't too busy so they were able to find a booth fairly easily. once they got their order taken to their booth, hyunjin bit into his muffin. he widened his eyes, covering his mouth dramatically, "lixie you have to try this!"

he extended his hand, feeding the younger boy his muffin. "oh my, it's delicious!" felix exclaimed with a giggle.

"you have a little powdered sugar here," the blond smiled as he swiped his thumb on the corner of felix's lip where the sugar was. he felt a light tingle when his thumb made contact with the boys lips. felix bit his lip as he looked into hyunjin's eyes, both glistened.

hyunjin cleared his throat as he pulled back his hand. "we should head to the studio soon."

-

at the studio, they practiced their dance for 's-class' and were on a quick break. felix sat on the corner. he replayed the event from earlier that morning, subconsciously moved his hand to where hyunjin's thumb was.

"lost in thought?" felix looked up, taken out of his thoughts by his maknae i.n.

jeongin took a seat next to the blue haired boy. "nothing important," felix smiled at the boy. he hummed in response, not believing him. they both sat in silence for a while they drank some water.

"innie, how are you and seungmin?" felix changed the topic. he saw the maknae's mood lift instantly.

"great! he's taking me out for dinner tonight actually," his dimples deeper than ever, "he said it's a surprise."

the two continued to talk until they had to go back to dancing. as they were getting in position, felix and hyunjin made eye contact, smiling at one another. felix broke eye contact, smiling to the ground. he didn't notice the taller boy still looking at him, longing to just run up and hug him like old times.

soon.