Chapter 5: My story

A/n: long time no update😅 . Don't forget to vote.

Leely's POV

"Adnan ni xaka yiwa sharri(Adnan are you trying to frame me)?!" I cried. I was in mass disbelief.

"Anty wallahi sharri yakemun. Ni banma fada abinda kamun ba shine xakayimin karya(I swear he's framing me. I didn't even tell them what you did to me, but you have the guts to frame me)?"

"Shut up Halima!!" Anty Umaima thundered.

How can she believe Adnan? Of course she has to believe him! What was I thinking? She's his mother! Even though, she's well versed on his bad character, how much he lies, how much he does petty things to get back at people when he doesn't get what he wants. He's no different to his father.

But she has always been so patient and supportive of me. What suddenly changed? I don't want to know that the only person I have in this world who supports me is trying to give up on me too.

"Amma Halima kin bani kunya(Halima, you've shamed me). Adnan is like, two years younger than you yet you did this" his father, Uncle Audu butted in, feigning disappointment.

"Huh?! Even you!" I shrieked in surprise "kai har ma kanada bakin magana(so you even have mouth to talk)?"

Honestly I've been shocked by various rotten human behaviors in my life, but nothing has been as shocking as this so far. So Uncle Audu thinks he has the audacity to put his mouth in this case?

I felt a sudden sting across my cheek.

Did he just slap me?

"Meyasa ka mareta(why did you slap her)?!" My aunt intervened as she was also shocked by her husband's action.

"Bakiga kuwwa takemin ba(don't you see she's yelling at me)? Am I her mate? Why are you always backing her anyways? She touched our boy! She's trying to corrupt his young mind can't you see?! Yet you're still backing her Umaima?!"

"Bama mari ba mugun kashi yacci abata(it's not only slap she deserves. She deserves to be beaten)" Uncle Audu added, glaring at me with so much hostility. My eyes remained fixated on the ground. I was in a brain freeze from the slap he had landed me as I waited to hear what Aunty Umaima would say.

She had opened her mouth to continue condemning him for slapping me, but he sharply cut her in.

"Wallahi inda kesan abubuwan da yarinyar nan keyi(if you had known what this girl is up to) you'll never back her. Do you even know what she's up to in that school she's attending? Ai ni inada masu kawo min labari. Ba abinda take sai karuwanci(I do have people who bring me intel on her. She's nothing but a prostitute)" he continued

"Kawai ki mayar da ita qauye ayi mata aure(just take her back to the village let her get married. That's the best)" he said with finality

Aunty Umaima drew a long agitated breath, holding her forehead.

"Why are you quiet Aunty?" I found myself asking as I slowly raised my head to face her. There's still a tingling sensation around the area he had slapped on my face and I'm sure it's already turning red. I didn't like her silence. I was curious about what she was thinking. "You don't believe anything he's told you right?" I grabbed her shoulders, wiggling her hysterically.

"Qyaleni Halima garki tabani(leave me alone Halima! Don't touch me)!" She pushed my hands off her angrily. I saw her eyes. They were red and filled with rage and pain. She glared at both of us and bolted off into the corridor and to their room.