Chapter 33: The earlier I embrace it

A/n: I'm in a good mood today, so here's an update🫶🏼
Don't forget to vote and comment

Leely's POV

"All done ma" the young hair dresser said as she concluded my hair dressing with the finishing touch of the hair spray.

"Hmmm" I remarked, satisfied as I stared at my reflection in the mirror that was just in front of one of the hair dressing areas in the fancy hair saloon. Actually I've not been paying attention because I was busy watching vlogs on my YouTube. Now that I checked, it's perfect. As expected. This is one of the high class hair saloons we have in Sokoto. So they're expected to deliver well for the hefty prices they charge.

I didn't do much to the hair actually. I only had a wash and set and also had my hair stretched. I have a curly hair, but I don't really like curly hair. I even have my hair stretcher which I use to stretch it often. But I think I'll stop stretching it myself because I noticed that it retains it's stretched state longer if a professional did it. When I've embarked on the journey to make a rich person like NASS my man why should I be doing stuffs like this for myself? There'll be money to do everything. Even walk if I don't want to walk I can pay someone to do it for me. Lmao

I felt like the girl who did my hair deserved a tip. She handled my hair with so much care and she was also very smiley to me. I fished a new 1k note and gave it to her. She appeared really grateful.

I wore my veil, took a pretty mirror snap for my audience and stood up to make my payment. There's a door leading into the saloon owner's office where you make your payment. When I arrived at the office, I heard a small commotion. It seemed like the saloon owner was scolding somebody. Probably one of the workers. I won't wait until she's done shouting. I can't wait to get back to the hotel. I knocked on the door and entered when she asked me to come in. She asked the girl she was scolding to leave after I arrived and began shining her teeth at me.

She was having issue with the girl who seemed to be a delivery person. I was surprised because, when did girls begin delivery services around here ? She looks like a non-muslim though. 'Cause I'm sure girls from this town can never do something like this. Even these little little businesses they feel like they're too big to do it talkless of something odd for a woman like delivery. They'd rather ask man; their boyfriends, their husbands, their fathers, or what have you.

The poor delivery girl lowered her head as she left the office. It's clear that she's innocent and whatever error she committed was totally beyond her control, but what can she do? She just has to suck everything up.

This is what lack of money does to you.

This is what not being in the rich class does to you. You just have to tolerate whatever shit anyone throws at you for some chicken change. Especially since money has become such a huge necessity in our lives.

This particular scenario reminded me of a time in my thrift business. A lady bought some dresses from me but I wasn't going to deliver them. She was going to send her driver to collect the stuff. Another guy also had bought a pair of clothing for his girlfriend which he asked me to pack beautifully for him that he's going to also send someone to pick it up. This guy, he informed me that his driver would be arriving by 11am to collect the stuff. So at eleven, when a driver showed up at my door, I picked that package and gave to him, not knowing that it was that lady's driver. And she, she did not inform me when her driver was coming, she only told me that he'd come that I should expect him anytime.

Some minutes after the driver left, the lady called me and began raining insults at me that I gave her the wrong product bla bla bla. Called me a fraud. It was totally unnecessary. What she ordered were dresses. If she saw a pair of jeans and t-shirts the right course of action is to call me ASAP and make inquiry. Any normal person would know that it was clearly a mistake. But this lady totally went overboard. I tried to apologize and explain that it was a mistake, she won't listen to me. I asked her to send her driver again. She was like do I know how much fuel he's going to waste to do that? In the end I rectified the issue and covered the expenses. I called one of my delivery guys, gave them the right package and paid for their to and fro since they're going to exchange the right package for the wrong one and bring the wrong one back to me.