Chapter 21: Beginning of the end

Baila's POV

"Hmmm" I breathed out, looking at the wall length mirror across me. Who's idea was it from the very beginning to fill the anterior wall of this shop with mirrors anyways? I keep looking at myself!

I'm wearing this loose shirt with floral prints which matched with the wine red maxi skirt I paired it with. My veil sat well around my face as well. Leely helped me fix it perfectly like she fix hers and she even gave me some instructions so I can fix it by myself next time.

It feels weird seeing myself in this dressing. When I look into the mirror, I feel like I'm looking like another person. Because my jeans and shirts always gave me this tomboy and a rugged look on my face and these ones are giving me a very very contrary look. Like someone who knew me with my former dressing style would even be confused if I'm the same person. This new dressing style gave me a girly girl look and even added softness to my resting face. With my former dressing, you can't even approach me because they gave my resting face this mean-girl look. I never imagined that clothes could influence even your facial looks until now. I look softer, calmer. I look like such a wife material!

I thought well about it and did my research as well. I came to a conclusion that this is a change that I need. And Sahl was right all along. He was just trying to correct me.

So I gave most of my jeans and t-shirts to Leely to thrift and left only a few, and ordered clothing from that brand which Sahl had brought me those. I wonder what their fate became. What must he have done with the clothing after I threw them back at him? I know he's not someone that'll take them back and demand a refund. He probably gave the clothes to someone needy.

I didn't inform Leely when I made my decision and ordered for the clothing and she didn't ask either. When I gave her my clothes to thrift she insisted that she must buy them from me, that they're too good. Obviously I won't collect her money. I collected something instead. She decided to give me some of her veils, caps and hijab pins. That would help my dressing, I gladly accepted them. I didn't buy any veil afterall. I had some actually, but not as much and as unique as Leely's.

I really love my new look. I'm in love with this change. It feels refreshing and it's giving me all of these nice feelings. I feel covered, protected.

Meeting Sahl has to be the best thing that has happened to me yet. It has made me fall in love with the Quran, it has gave me the desire to become a better person, it has made me implement on that desire, and it has made me feel like my heart is filled with love and radiance. Sahl's prescence in my life also served as the distraction which made me forget about drugs. I still had them in our apartment. I just don't think much about them anymore. I don't even remember them. So love can even take care of your wildest addictions? I could never imagine.

I think I'm really in love with Sahl. And from his body language, I can estimate that he likes me as well. But I would not be too sure about that till he confesses to me. So I'm holding back as well. I like him so much, but I'm really holding back because I don't want to end up like that governor's child who once associated with him.

From their conversation, I learnt that him and that lady worked over something and unfortunately for her, she caught feelings, thinking it's the same on his part. She could not tell that he had no feelings for her whatsoever. Sahl is normally a nice person. He's someone who'd do nice things to everyone. He would not restrict his niceness to only the people who are special to him. So she might have mistook his niceness for love.

This is what I'm scared of. What if it's the same thing with me? What if he's just being nice to me because we became friends and I probably just remind him of some younger sister or cousin of his? What if I've been sister-zoned all this while? Already there's such a huge age gap between us.
That's why I want to continue to hang around him, to see to what extent he'd reach.