Chapter 26: Hoping for the best

A/n: another 7000 worded chapter. Love y'all 😂💕

Baila's POV

"Mamee?" I called at my grandma.

"Hmm?" She answered.

"Why aren't there like photos of my father when he was younger? I'm talking about fifteen years of age and before?" I just randomly wondered.

"Uhhhhh" she almost stuttered "we used to have them. Sun bata ne kawai(but we lost them)" she replied

"Hmmm" I was not convinced because I've seen that of his siblings, just only his. I'm not trying to insinuate anything. I know that my father is my grandma's son cause the resemblance is too obvious "How did they get lost?" 

"You this girl! You're as curious as a cat!" She complained, nudging at my head warningly. But she did not answer my question.

"Owww!" I whined. It's not even painful but hey, this is my grandma whom I love to joke around with. "Sai nafadawa babana kinmin koso(I'll tell my father you knocked me)"

"Kin dade baki fada mai ba. Yazo yaban kashi tunda ni xai gwadima yadda aka son diya(Go and tell him. Let him come and beat me since he's the one that'll show me kid love). Tell me, was he not a child before he had his own child, hann?"
She retorted, placing her hands akimbo.

"Ahhhh, now all power belongs to you comrade" I surrendered, quoting one pepe WhatsApp sticker which I like to use especially when chatting with Leely. That sticker series is really funny. Unfortunately Leely doesn't even like them stickers, but I like to send them to her just to look for her trouble.

I'm at my grandma's place and she's loosing my hair for me. Yep, she always serves me that baby treatment I deserve whenever I'm at her place. I'm going to have my hair plaited and also lalle(henna) on my fingers and feet. I mostly have my hair plaited at my grandma's along with this lalle especially when I'm at home but when I'm in school, I would just go to a saloon and get quick braids since I'm rather busy. If I say I have to be coming to my grandma's all the way from school I know I'll have to spend the whole day at hers and also, behaving like a baby.

What I like most about getting these at my grandma's is that she's always the one who looses my hair for me and make the simple lalle for me which involves placing just one layer of cellotape rather than the multiple layers which creates a design, which has become the new trend now. Whenever my grandma is loosing my hair, just like now, she does it so very delicately as if I'm something that'll break if she apply even the slightest of force.

"Kina zagina koda yaushe bana cemiki komai Amma zagin uwata?! Gaskiya kin wuce wuri(insulting me each time but I don't say anything made you develop the guts to cross me and insult my mother...today you've crossed the line)"

Me and my grandma sat on the cushion that's directly facing the TV. It was displaying this hausa movie that my grandma was rather not interested in since she was already focused on loosing my hair. I wished I could just extend my hands like Luffy's rubber hands and grab the remote to take off this cringe stuff they're showing. I doubted though if the service she uses has kdrama channels. I think they have cdrama rather than kdrama. Honestly watching that cdrama and their nose voices sounds way much better than watching them generic hausa shows. It's always either; the wife is bad, or the husband is bad, or the inlaw is bad etc. Like you can even predict what'd happen next when you're watching. Dude, they need to step up their game.

Even this show that I'm forced to pay small attention too since my eyes are directly on it. It's hard to not grasp anything. In this movie, it's the wife that's not good. This particular scene, I just knew that the actor will slap the actress after she cursed at his mother. Let me tell you what'll happen next. He'll eventually kick out this toxic wife of his and she'll later regret and come back to him after he has made it in life. By then it's too late and he has married a more obedient woman. She had always been treating him rudely because he was poor then. Now that she's back, he believes it's only because he had gotten money but she might have truly really repented.