Chapter 22: Alone in this world

A/n: bet y'all have been dying to know what happened 😆 alright! The long awaited update is here. Let's dig in🍝🔥🔥🔥

Baila's POV

"What happened over there? How were you caught up in that chaos?" Sahl finally broke the silence. We are parked in front of my hostel; the VIP hall. I don't even know how I had given him directions to this university because I believe my mind was not with my body since I went and got caught up in the chaos. But now I feel like I'm finally registering everything that was going on even though I'm still pretty much petrified.

I was with Sahl at first, we were supposed to begin my first ever Quranic lesson with him, but I was adamant upon getting this pretty notebook which I had gotten especially for the lesson from Fahad's car. I felt like I had to use that book because I got it solely for my lessons.

I wish I did not go back to get that book.

I wish I just listened to Sahl and followed him into SBS to get one of the notes they had. Then I wouldn't have gotten into any of this.

When I arrived at Score Pub, everything was normal. I collected Fahad's car keys from him, opened the car, picked my book. While I was trying to close the door, lock the car and return his car keys before returning to Sahl, I noticed a barrage of police men stampeding into the Pub. They were trying to arrest everyone and they hit or shot at anyone who resisted. In the process, they even murdered two people; one bodyguard and one of Fahad's men.

I saw Fahad calling at me to follow him and his boys. I know he was trying to protect me for Leely's sake because he knows she'll not forgive him should I get arrested or worse, hurt. I almost followed them, but then I noticed a bunch of police going towards their group. There and then I decided that following them was suicidal. What if I follow them and we end up getting arrested. Worse, they shoot blindly and murder all of us? I couldn't afford to loose my life in such a scandal or even get myself arrested. The people performing the operation are police. My father is the commissioner of police. If I'm arrested he would definitely learn about it and I'll be fucking screwed once my father finds out that I've been going to Score Pub.

But why, why did this happen all of a sudden? Why did the police raid the place so violently like this? What offence did anyone commit in that place that resulted into this? I mean, two men literally lost their lives. Some too were brutally hurt from the stampede as everyone was trying to escape. The cost is just too much.

What must've caused all of this?

"I'm asking you, Baila" Sahl demanded. I didn't like how foreign he was sounding. Why should I blame him even? He's surprised as well. He ought to be. This is all too strange. I only left him to go get my book then I appear in front of him absolutely mortified and with no book in my hands. Then I give him directions to a school in a far location, that too in this hour of the night.

"I don't know..." I whispered. Please, he shouldn't pressurize me. I'm still in shock. I'm still unable to think straight. I keep remembering the images of those two dead bodies, thinking about how it would've been me if I was unlucky.

"Were you caught up in it while you were walking home to get your book?" He asked

"Y-yes" I absentmindedly muttered.

"Okay, then why are we here rather than your house which is over there like you claim. You directed me here like you've been following this route for a long time." He went on. I can feel his tone slightly rising.

I guess this is it. It's time. I'm going to tell him the truth about who I really am. Score Pub, my drug addiction, all of my bad behaviors. I didn't want it to be this way. I wanted to correct all of my bad behaviors before he found out, but it's too late now. I won't hide anything from him. I'll tell him the facts.