Chapter 29: Ignorance is bliss

A/n: guys sorry for the late update my phone got formatted so I kind of lost my manuscript so now I have to start rewriting the subsequent chapters...

Huff, the things I do for y'all 😭

Like do you know how it feels to loose a manuscript? It means starting over..., trying to rewrite everything exactly the way you had written it before... The heartbreaking part is that no matter how much you try to remember you can never write it exactly like you did the first time. Like that first penning down is literally the best version....

But anyways🥲

What'll sulking do? It can't bring back my lost manuscript anyways. Life just has to go on and I just have to do the necessary if I want us to finish this story and move to the next.

So brace up y'all because it's going to get really hot from this chapter onwards 🔥🔥🔥

Baila's POV

"Do you have any place you want to go again Ma'am?" Filibus asked after I entered the car and leaned my head on the closed window pane of my door, closing my eyes.

"Huff" I sighed out loud, thinking. This is just past two. Do I really want to go back to school? I've been in school for the past few weeks unless we go out for lab posting and I have to say, it has been suffocating. So now that I'm outside, I feel like I should utilise my chance to the fullest.

Last semester we were not always cooped up in the university premises. We always had to go out during the week to go to Score Pub whether we had tests or exams or not. We did not suffer from the not-going-out-depression syndrome. Now were not used to this change and it's taking a huge toll on me and Leely, especially mentally. I expected us to cope well with not going to Score Pub, but it's taking too long to adapt. It's good though that we've been able to hold ourselves back for this amount of time. Indicates how firm upon our resolve we are of not going back to the club life. We did well not succumbing to our temptations.

Even if we did succumb to our temptations, where can we go? We don't even know which club to go to and we're no longer safe even if we find one. It was Fahad and his boys who protected us then, and now, he's gone.

Yes, he's gone because him and Leely broke up.

It happened last week.

If I say the breakup did not affect me then I must be lying. It tampered with my head mentally. I just could not believe that Fahad and Leely broke up.

Like from where? How? Why? It landed to me like a bomb honestly.

Leely came back to the hostel that night, tears streaming down her eyes. She cried the whole night and mourned the breakup for three days straight before she finally got a grip. During those three days, she didn't step a foot outside of our apartment. I can imagine how she must be feeling.

Sahl is not my boyfriend, but I love him. Look at how his absence left a dent on me, talkless of her who has been in an official romance with Fahad for so long....I mean, when I knew Leely she was already with Fahad and I've known Leely for more than a year already. So you can imagine.

The breakup sure hit her hard, but I don't know why I feel like she probably was the one who broke up with him. She's maximising my doubts by refusing to tell me why they broke up. When I asked her about it she just kept beating around the bush and never brought it up again. And I won't pester her on it if she doesn't want to tell me, just like she did me when I didn't feel like telling her about me and Sahl.

Why I feel like she might have caused it was that, the other night after I arrived with our order, I met her arguing with Muiz. She didn't tell me what they were arguing about, but I feel like whatever Muiz told her which frustrated her might be what lead to the breakup. If that turn out to be true then I'll so fucking hate Muiz. I never liked him in the beginning to start with. And Leely too, I'll tell her to her face that what she did was so wrong.