Chapter 20: Cover up more

A/n: can't believe it's already a week😃 the way time flies these days, may Allah grant us a good end. Thank you for 100 votes yorobun😚. Keep voting and commenting, thank you!

Let's dig in🍝

Baila's POV

I tossed in my bed, lying on my back. My eyes looked upwards at the purple neon lit ceiling above me. Swollen from excessive crying. Even as I speak, I can feel some balls of tears rolling down the sides of my face.

I don't know what Sahl did to me for real. It feels like voodoo. I don't know how I've managed to foster so much affection and empathy for him in such short amount of time.

I'm not a lover girl. I hardly bother about anyone in my life who's not my grandma, my father and Leely. Sahl is here now and I'm afraid I might end up liking him insanely.

I've never experienced the death of a loved one. I didn't grow up with a mother, so growing up, I could tell I had none. But I had no idea how she died, I don't even remember any memories I've shared with her. Heck if not for photos I can't even tell how my mother's face looked. It definitely hurt not having a mother, especially when you have to deal with a very toxic father like mine. Infact, listening to my classmates then talk about their mothers and fathers gave me genuine PTSD. I could remember having to leave the class because I felt like they were rubbing it in my face. I felt so much envy and hurt, it traumatized me.

I eventually got over it and learnt to live with it. Like I said, not having my mother around pained me, but not her death since I didn't witness it. I've never really lost anyone close to me, so I can't tell how it feels. Infact even if I see on people's status that they've lost someone, I just shrug and say Ameen. I didn't even get goosebumps. I believed that even if someone stumbles in front of me and passed away I wouldn't care as long as they're not my father or my grandma or Leely. That was how unbothered about death I was.

But hearing Sahl's story today, I'm shaken to the core. I feel so bad for him that I'm beginning to feel sick. I did well controlling my tears until I confirmed that Leely was asleep. She noticed that I was moody after I returned and she asked me what's up. Obviously I can't tell her. She left me alone 'cause she believed it's just mood swings. She does has her episodes too after all.

He lost his fiancee and his brother at once. Two integral parts of his life. At once. That's unimaginable. Like we just have to thank God for being Muslims because if not for the belief that everything is in the hands of Allah some things that happen to us we'll just go haywire.

When I saw Sahl and his brother in that photo, I almost burst into tears. They looked so similar as if they were twins. Only that Sahl's brother had softer features like an angel and Sahl looked more rugged. I just could not believe that that person in the photo is no more. My heart ached for that poor baby as well; Meenal. She'll grow up just like me, just like the way I never knew my mother except in photos.

I genuinely hated that bitch who showed up. She clearly looked older but she was behaving like a two year old; being bratty and arrogant and having lack of coordination of her own brain. Some people and their foul mentalities somehow. How does she even think in that fish brain of hers that she can just turn someone like Sahl who's educated and well established into her puppet just cause she's the governor's child? Please, the men who'll accept such an offer are there on the streets, unemployed. I think those are the ones she should seek. Those that can lick the back of her feet if she wished, those that don't have idea what it feels like to have money.

I'm glad she showed up, even though I cannot forgive the tantrums she had thrown at Sahl. I can feel my blood boiling because I couldn't do anything about it. I just had to hold myself back because I can't afford to get into a jinx with a governor's child when my father is just a commissioner. Had it been my father's position was higher than hers I'll make her take back all what she said yesterday.