Chapter 9

After dinner, you, Mattheo, Draco, Theo, Pansy and Blaise all went to the common room. It was Friday night so you wanted to enjoy a little fun. Theo brought alcohol and you all started drinking and talking.
Y/n: "So, one more Riddle in Hogwarts. We definitely needed that." you laughed.
M: "Yeah. I'm not much happy about that either. I'm really not looking forward to having to see Tom's face every day."
D: "I'm so glad you're here, mate"
M: "I'm glad too"
Y/n: "Don't tell me Mattheo Riddle was excited to go to Hogwarts"
M: "Actually I was. I'd just prefer to be the only Riddle here."
The conversation continued and suddenly it was close to midnight. You were quite drunk at this point and knew you had to go meet Tom. 'I'm so stupid. Did I really had to get drunk today when I know Tom will be already angry because of his brother... The timing is fucking perfect.'
T: "Let's go to my dorm you all. I think we shouldn't stay here much longer, in case someone comes."
Everyone agreed with Theo and it saved you because otherwise you would have to make up an excuse why you're going somewhere at this hour.
Y/n: "Sorry but I'm gonna go to bed. I've had enough of this muck." you pointed at the bottle.
After awhile you sneaked out of your room and went into the library but Tom wasn't there. That made you worried so you went to his dorm and knocked on the door. No answer.
Y/n: "Tom? Are you there? I want to talk to you...please..."
It was completely quiet. You climbed up the stairs to the Astronomy Tower in hope he would be there. He wasn't but someone else was. Of course there was his brother, smoking a cigarette.
Y/n: "Ugh...this school is full of bloody smokers."
M: "You don't smoke?"
Y/n: "Of course I do. Give me one."
He laughed at that and gave you a cigarette.
M: "I thought you said you went to bed, I must have misheard you."
Y/n: "Yeah I lied."
M: "You're actually quite alright now that you're drunk."
Y/n: "Shut up and tell me why you're really here in Hogwarts."
M: "It's simple. I wanted to to study here because I was tired of being home schooled. So I talked father into it. Not that he would care. He was probably happy to get rid of me."
You were a bit surprised that he actually mentioned his father. You got so used to Tom not talking about him and being so withdrawn. This was a nice change.
Y/n: "I don't believe you. You're definitely not here just because you wanted."
M: "No, I'm for real right now. Father wouldn't give me any task. He thinks I'm useless. So...there really isn't anything sinister behind it. Sorry to disappoint you."
Y/n: "Ahh, bugger."
Talking to him felt so good. Draco was right. He wasn't like Tom at all, he was the complete opposite. Mattheo was funny, friendly and sarcastic. He had darkness inside of him, but unlike Tom, he didn't let it take over. You felt safe with him. Perhaps it was the alcohol but you found him really cute.
Next morning you woke up late and hungover but it was Saturday so you could just rest. You went down to the Great Hall for breakfast. Mattheo was sitting there all alone.
M: "How are you feeling?" He laughed at you when he saw how pale you were.
Y/n: "My head hurts, what do you think. And where's everyone?"
M: "You know it's already 11 o'clock, right? They all went to Hogsmeade."
Y/n: "Why didn't they invite me?"
M: "Draco said you probably already had other plans...He seemed so secretive, what was it about?"
Y/n: "Don't know, don't care. Wanna go to Hogsmeade and join them?"
M: "I was hoping you would say that."
Before you left, you went to Tom's dorm again. There was still no response. It made you angry that he just left you without a word. You enjoyed the whole weekend with Draco and others. Tom was nowhere to be found until Sunday evening. You were sitting in the Slytherin common room with everyone. Tom suddenly appeared and marched towards where you were sitting with Mattheo.
Tom: "Get up. Now."
M: "Tom...? What are you-"
Tom: "I wasn't talking to you."
Tom flashed his eyes at you. You stood up and he swiftly gripped you by your waist and pulled you closer. You looked at Mattheo. His expression was priceless.