Part : 40

°°°°
Eight months passed

A-Yuan was now eight months old and Jiang Cheng was eight months pregenant.

A-Yuan didn't started to walk. He only crawls. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji used to take care of A-Yuan more than themselves.

At day time everyone used to see A-Yuan and takes care of him. And at night Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian used to take care of their son. A-Yuan was the only baby in Cloud Recesses. That's why all used to spoil little kid including Lan Qiren.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji didn't intimate for that time because they didn't get time because of A-Yuan.

°°°°

One day only Lan Xichen was going to other town for work. Jiang Cheng wanted to go with him and explore new town but due to his pregnancy he wasn't able to join Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen took his things. He has to return Gusu at evening.

Lan Xichen came out from Hanshi with Jiang Cheng. They both were walking. From other side Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were going to other direction. A-Yuan was in Lan Wangji's arms.

When they four looked at each other then they stopped and walked towards each other. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji greeted Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng.

"Wangji! I am going to town of our neighborhood clan. I will return Gusu at evening.", Lan Xichen said.

"For which work brother?", Lan Wangji asked.

"Uncle gave me the responsibility to handle a scroll to the shopkeeper of neighborhood clan. That's why I was going there.", Lan Xichen said.

"Ooh.", Lan Wangji replied.

"Jiang Cheng wanted to go with me but he is pregnent and we can't take risk. So he will stay here. Will you come with me Wangji?", Lan Xichen asked.

"I can't come because I have to teach students. If Wei Ying wants than he can go with you. I know he is getting bored in Cloud Recesses.", Lan Wangji said.

"But what about A-Yuan?", Wei Wuxian asked.

"It's okay Wei Wuxian. You should go. We all are here to take care of A-Yuan. You have opportunity to go out and explore new town.", Jiang Cheng said.

"Really?", Wei Wuxian asked.

"Yes... You are looking fine. You can come with me like this.", Lan Xichen said.

"O.. okay. I am coming with you.", Wei Wuxian said excitedly.

Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng smiled. A-Yuan was looking all of them.

"A-Yuan you have to live without your mumma for a day only. I will return at evening.", Wei Wuxian said.

A-Yuan smiled.

After that Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng said bye to Wei Wuxian and Lan Xichen.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Xichen went out from Cloud Recesses.

°°°°°
Wei Wuxian and Lan Xichen went the town of their neighborhood clan. It was looking interesting.

Wei Wuxian was excitedly looking here and there.

"Brother in law! How many times you came here? It will be easy for you to come here easily.", Wei Wuxian said.

"I didn't came here much. In past this clan and our clan were enemies. Then an agreement occurred in between both of clans five years ago. And now there is peace in between us.", Lan Xichen said.

"ooh..", Wei Wuxian replied.

Wei Wuxian again looked here and there. He was looking at shops. That place was really amazing and interesting than Caiyi town.

Then Lan Xichen and Wei Wuxian went towards a shopkeeper. That shopkeeper was a secret spy of clan leader of that clan. Lan Xichen can't handle that scroll openly to clan leader because many enemies can spy on them and it can create trouble again in between two clans.

After handling the scroll Lan Xichen and Wei Wuxian was returning to Gusu.

"Wei Ying! If you want to eat something then you can. It's not much late now.", Lan Xichen said.

"Yes... I want to eat food.", Wei Wuxian said and he make pout.

Lan Xichen and Wei Wuxian ate food inside an inn. Wei Wuxian was concentrating on his food.

Lan Xichen was paying bill then suddenly he heard a women's laughing voice.

Lan Xichen stunned at his place. He remembers this laugh. This voice was making him uneasy. He didn't wanted to look at the woman.

That woman was with her husband. They both were also inside Inn and eating food. It seems like that woman was happy with her husband. They both were enjoying and laughing.

Lan Xichen couldn't control himself to look at that woman and he looked at her. Suddenly his eyes filled up with tears when he saw her face. His hands starts shaking.

"You were here from many years.", Lan Xichen thought in his mind.

Wei Wuxian looked at Lan Xichen. He got worried.

"Brother in law! What happened? Are you feeling dizzy?", Wei Wuxian asked worriedly.

Lan Xichen didn't respond. He was still in shock. He was missing while looking at that woman. That woman was of around forty nine to fifty years years old.

"Xichen ge!", Wei Wuxian said little louder.

Lan Xichen looked at Wei Wuxian and  he gulped. He was looking tensed.

"What happened? Are you okay? Why there are tears in your eyes?", Wei Wuxian asked worriedly.

"Nothing!", Lan Xichen answered.

"There is something I know. Tell me. Have you seen anyone here? Who is he? Suddenly your facial expression changed. You are looking tensed. I want to know. Otherwise I will tell Lan Zhan to talk to you. He can handle you easily.", Wei Wuxian said.

"Lan Wuxian! No!.. no need to tell Wangji. I will tell you but later.", Lan Xichen said.

"Please you have to tell me. Promise?", Wei Wuxian asked.

Wei Wuxian put his hand in front of Lan Xichen. Lan Xichen took heavy breath and he put his hand on Wei Wuxian's hand.

"I promise. I will tell you whenever you will ask.", Lan Xichen promised Wei Wuxian.

"I hope he will forget it soon. I don't want to tell anyone about it. But if Lan Wuxian will remember this then I have to tell him. I can't lie.", Lan Xichen thought himself and he sighed.

Lan Xichen again looked at the woman without coming in Wei Wuxian's eyes. He was looking at her and taking glance of her.

When Wei Wuxian and Lan Xichen were done eating then they both got up from there place.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Xichen were going out from Inn. Lan Xichen again looked at the woman. And suddenly that woman also looked at Lan Xichen. Their eyes meet with each other's. That woman looked at her husband to ignore Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen felt hurt in his heart and he came out from Inn.

"She ignored me. I am her...... Is she forget about us? Or she don't know my face?", Lan Xichen thought in his mind. He was missing in his thoughts.

°°°°°°

At Cloud Recesses

After that Wei Wuxian and Lan Xichen went Cloud Recesses. Wei Wuxian forget about the promise.

Wei Wuxian first meet his baby A-Yuan and husband.

At other side Jiang Cheng greeted Lan Xichen. Lan Xichen happily talked to him. But anywhere Jiang Cheng was understanding that Lan Xichen was thinking something.

==========================================================================

I hope you like this part. Thanks for reading.

Please forgive me for my grammatical mistakes.

💖😊