Part : 42

°°°°
One day Lan Xichen was in Caiyi town with Lan Yuchi. They both went there for work.

When they finished their work then they both were returning to Cloud Recesses.

Suddenly a woman bumped with Lan Xichen. Lan Xichen balanced himself.

"I am sorry!", Lan Xichen said without looking at the woman. He didn't noticed her face.

"Actually it's me who said sorry to you.", The woman said to Lan Xichen and she hold his arm.

Lan Xichen got shocked at his place. He looked at the woman. Lan Yuchi didn't understood anything and he also stood on his place.

The woman and Lan Xichen were looking at each other. They were very close to each other. That was the same woman, whom Lan Xichen saw in Inn in neighbouring clan.

Lan Xichen slowly moved his hand and he hold her hand from which she was holding Lan Xichen's hand. Lan Xichen's eyes were filled up with tears.

"M..mo..!", Lan Xichen didn't complete his sentence.

"A-Yi... Let's go. We have to arrive home. Come soon.", Suddenly the woman'z husband said and he also came there.

Lan Xichen got silent. He looked at the person who was the husband of that woman. That person seems too simple and cheerful. There was a sweet smile on his face.

That woman took her hand back and she looked at her husband.

"A-Yi! Who is he?", A-Yi's husband asked.

"He is prince of Gusu.", A-Yi said and she looked at Lan Xichen.

"Prince of Gusu. It means he is y...!", A-Yi's husband was about to say but he stopped. He shockingly looked at Lan Xichen.

"Prince Lan Xichen. Do you know them?", Lan Yuchi asked Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen looked at Lan Yuchi and he nodes his head.

"A-Yi. Do you want to talk to him?", A-Yi's husband asked her.

No one said anything rather looking at each other. There was an awkward moment in between them.

"She don't want to talk to me.", Lan Xichen thought himself.

"Let's go Yuchi!", Lan Xichen said and he turned his back towards A-Yi.

A-Yi raise her hand to hold Lan Xichen's shoulder but Lan Xichen and Lan Yuchi left from there.

A-Yi took her hand on her chest. Her husband hugged her to comfort her.

"It was my mistake. I didn't thought about my kids.", A-Yi said to her husband.

"You should talk to him. Maybe all will accept you.", A-Yi's husband said to her.

A-Yi nodes her head.

°°°°

At Cloud Recesses

At evening Lan Xichen was tensed. He was restless. Lan Xichen was walking on ground from here and there.

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng were talking to each other. A-Yuan was in arms of Wei Wuxian. They also came there to meet Lan Xichen. But they both also got tensed when they saw that Lan Xichen was looking tensed.

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng looked at each other.

"What happened to him?", Wei Wuxian asked Jiang Cheng.

"I don't know.", Jiang Cheng replied.

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng went near to Lan Xichen and they both stands in front of him.