Chapter 5 - She Didn't Deserve You (Adam's POV)

Adam's POV

It had been about an hour since Justin woke up, but he was still so out of it. It was like he wasn't there at all. His eyes were open. He was looking right at me, but at the same time, he wasn't. It had also been an hour since I kissed him, and, I couldn't help thinking that he might have caught me somehow. Well, there was nothing I could do now. What was done was done.

Moments later, I was finally able to have a conversation with Justin. He was quite surprised after realizing I was hugging him the whole time and even let out a little laugh. That beautiful laugh. I hadn't heard that in a while.

"How're you feeling?" I asked him as I stroked his beautiful, purple hair.

"I don't know," he answered, "everything still feels a little fuzzy. Can't remember much of what happened last night."

"I was so worried about you last night, Justin. You weren't replying to my messages. If DJ hadn't used your phone to text me, I don't know what would have happened. Anyway, everything's okay now. You're okay."

"Adam."

"Yeah? What is it, bro?" Justin took my hand and held it for a moment. I started blushing.

"Thank you," he went on, "for everything."

"Justin, you don't have to thank me for anything," I said, pulling him close, "I got you, okay?"

"I know. I love you, Adam." I blushed even more. He probably meant he loved me as his best friend, but my imagination just had to make it harder for me.

"I love you too, Justin. I love you so much."

A few hours later, Justin was discharged from the hospital. I had to drive him home, because he still didn't feel all that great. As soon as we got to his house, I took off his seatbelt, gently picking him up and carrying him in. I then took him upstairs and put him to bed.

"There," I whispered, putting a blanket over him, "you just stay in bed for today. I'll go make the vids for our fans on my own. I'm sure they'll understand."

"You sure, Adam?" Justin asked, trying to sit up: "I mean, I don't mind filming with you. Besides, our fans are gonna wonder why you're filming by yourself." I smiled. Despite his depression, Justin never lost his love for our fans.

"Don't worry," I reassured him, tucking him back in, "I'll just tell them you're tired and need some rest."

"Fine, but film in here."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"But how you gonna sleep with all the noise?"

"Don't worry about me."

"Okay. I'll just go get the camera and start setting up."

So, I left Justin's room and went downstairs to get the camera along with everything else we needed for filming. When I got back upstairs and into Justin's room, I looked over at him. He had fallen asleep. So cute! I stood there for a moment, admiring his features as he lay there. Man! Cynthia had no idea how lucky she was to have had Justin as her lover. Her loss! She let a good guy go! If Justin was mine, I would never let him go. But then again, he wasn't mine. Not yet.

"Adam?" I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard Justin call my name. He'd woken up, and I didn't realize I had been standing there for a good twenty minutes just looking at him.

"Justin?" I said, approaching his bed: "You okay? Do you need anything?" He shook his head.

"No. I'm okay. Sorry. Didn't realize I fell asleep." I laughed.