Chapter 21 - You're Perfect To Me (Adam And Justin's POVs)

Justin's POV

I woke up to the familiar soothing sound of a voice owned by none other than my boyfriend, Adam James McArthur. I slowly opened my eyes and was confused at first as to why I was in a hospital room attached to some sort of breathing machine. I was also confused as to why a blood-like taste was evident on my tongue. What happened? I couldn't remember anything. Did I get into some sort of trouble?

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt Adam hugging me tightly and giving me a gentle kiss on the lips. He was... crying. But why, though?

"Buttercup! Oh my gosh!" he cried, kissing me some more: "You're awake! You're safe! You made it! Oh, my baby!" I gave him a confused look. What was he talking about? Before I could say anything, another voice spoke.

"I'll let you and Justin have a minute, Adam," he said, "he will be confused and not himself for a bit, but it'll pass. I'll come back later to check on him and to make sure his body doesn't reject the new medication I gave him. Bye for now!"

"Thanks, KreekCraft!" Adam said. Wait, was that KreekCraft? He was a Doctor? Well, good for him!

Once Adam and I were left alone, my mind was suddenly flooded with memories. Everything came flashing back to me. The LiveStream we planned to do. The Instagram post that one of our fans made. I began to remember all those hate comments I saw. The comments that pushed me back into that deep depression I had fallen into so many times before. The hate comments that led me to make the worst decision I'd ever made. Taking my own life. Thinking it would fix anything. I remembered consuming a handful of sleeping pills back at the house and hear Adam's helpless cries as I passed out in his arms. I remembered waking up in this hospital room, then seeing the pain in Adam's eyes as I threw up blood. Now, here I was, alive and still existing. And I was happy about that. I now realized that the world wouldn't be any better without me in it. And Adam's life wouldn't be any better without me in it. If only I'd ignored those negative comments and those negative thoughts in my head, all this stress could have been avoided. But I was safe now. I faught death and I won the battle. Besides, I couldn't care less about those haters. Adam loved me. He adored me. That was the most important thing. I started to cry happy tears and my heart sang with rejoice again. Yes. I was happy to be alive!

Adam's POV

My heart was filled with joy as I looked at Justin. A smile flickered on his face. A smile I thought I would never see again. I almost lost him. He almost lost his life because of those haters who had nothing better to do than to talk shit regarding people they knew nothing about. I almost lost the love of my life. I was happy I didn't. If Justin died, I would die, too; because as cliché as it sounds, he was - and still is - the air that I breathe. I wouldn't be able to live on without him.

Justin was monitored for a few more days at the hospital. Fortunately, his body didn't reject the new medication he was given and all the pills had been safely removed from within his system. We were back at the house with DJ and Tristan a few days later and everything was back to normal again. It was as if nothing had happened. Justin slowly got out of his depression and soon, we were back to making videos for our fans. At that point, I couldn't be happier. Things seemed to be looking up at last!

"So happy to have you back, Buttercup!" I told my boyfriend after filming our last video for the day. We were now sitting on the couch, about to watch a movie, while DJ and Tristan went out for a walk. Justin let his head rest on my shoulder. I turned to him and planted a kiss on his forehead. "What you wanna watch, Buttercup?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"Anything you wanna watch, Adam," he answered, taking my hand in his.

"How about a horror movie?" I said with a smirk across my face. I've always been a big fan of horror movies, or anything paranormal. Justin, on the other hand, hates anything horror-related with a burning passion. I was expecting to hear a "no" from him that day. I was sure he would refuse to watch a horror movie with me. However, he said something that shocked me.