Halloween special!

Made (Not published, made) 30/10/2023, so this was before chapter 7, to not get confused. Also, this'll be mostly Mortis x reader.. What am I saying? It is a Mortis x reader. Sorry.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY, THIS IS JUST FOR FUN AND IT IS A HALLOWEEN SPECIAL. IT IS NOT STORY RELATED.

Warning: Mentions of alcohol

"You! Mortal! Join a little, come on!" A familiar voice said, rising their hand so Y/N could see who was talking. Y/N lifted their head to see Mortis, rubbing the back of their neck as the reddish orange hoodie fell down, it being pumpkin-themed for halloween. "Eh..?" A blonde woman with a dress passed by, gasping at the sight of Y/N's face. "Oh goodness, Y/N, dear, your eyebags!" She brought a hand to her chest, her mouth agape.

"Huh? Oh, no, this is make-up." They chuckled, Piper sighed in relief. "Phew.. But whatever it is, take care sweetie." She patter their head, making her way to the table where some brawlers sat to eat, talk, etc.

Y/N stared at the brawlers, cheering, laughing.. They wished they could have some of that. But then again, they were tired, no, the eyebags make-up wasn't an excuse to tell Piper that they didn't get sleep, that was actual make-up. They were just tired from all the noise, because of course, it was halloween days!.. Well, in this case, nights.

After a while of burying their face in their arms while they sat on the bar stool, someone tapped their shoulder.

Y/N groaned quietly, rising their head up to see.. Well, Mortis, again. "Are you okay?", "Yeah.. Why do you ask?"

"Well, first of all, you have eyebags.. Those don't really look good on your pretty face, darling.", "Woah, hah- What's up with the nickname?" Mortis chuckled, his pointy ears getting slightly red, easily noticed by Y/N because his skin was already pale.. But they didn't mind. "I thought I would try something new, other than calling you 'human', 'mortal', 'fool'.." He finished, giving them a toothy smile, showing his fangs, leaning in slightly to tuck a strand of their hair behind their ear. Y/N blushing slightly by that move. "Say, after eating, we can have some drinks.."

"Oh, sorry, Mortis, I don't dr-"

"There's no alcohol, don't worry.." He leaned in closer slowly, Y/N noticed this and stood still, but then realized what was happening and backed away a bit, pushing Mortis away a little in the process by putting both hands on his chest, while they chuckled nervously. "Sorry, still no, I'll go home and make my favourite snack, kind of- Spaghetti!.. Hhah-haha..

loOts of orEgano.." They chuckled dryly, but still nervously.

(A/N: If you got that reference, I love you)

"Oh, come on, little bat, don't you want to hang out with me? You're always giving attention to someone else these days! What about me? What about your handsome vampire?" Mortis asked annoyed, glancing at other brawlers who passed by in disgust. "Why do you choose these- Itty bitty spiders over me? I really don't get it."

"Maybe because you aren't the only one who I should give attention to.. Everyone else deserves some attention too, even if it isn't from me." Y/N answered calmly, not flinching, not even a bit at Mortis' annoyed voice.

"See? You said it yourself, even if it isn't from you. If it isn't from you, other people can give these mortals attention! The only one who deserves your attention is me." Mortis pointed at himself, gritting his teeth slightly, his pointy ears lowering down. "Don't act like- That type of boyfriend, Mortis. You're making this complicated.." Y/N answered again, this time with a tired voice. 'Plus, we're not even dating..' Y/N thought.

"Complicated?! Oh, I'll show you complicated. What is complicated is you being with others except me, you aren't giving me any attention, I hate it! And on top of that, you don't bake me bat-shaped cookies anym- Oh." He was interrupted by Y/N who embraced him into a hug, feeling their breathing get more.. Relaxed.

"Oh, shut it, you're full of complaints today. Day to night, what has gotten into you today.. If we go to your house, will you leave me alone for a bit?"

"Yes." He answered inmediately, getting up while grabbing their hand, bringing them to the exit of the bar, ignoring the stares of other brawlers. "Not so quick, I'm sleepy.." Y/N rubbed their eye with their free hand. "Why are you so excited to go with me to your house?", "First of all, there's no one there because everyone's in the bar for halloween, and only some of them are outside in another place.. But my place? Not a chance."

"And.. Second?"

"Second of all, we didn't go out much or talk much as I said before, so this is a chance for me to be with you, darling~" He carried Y/N bridal style once he had to jump. He landed on the dead grass floor, green fog around. "We're here.. And I repeat, sweetheart.. We're alone." He chuckled, putting Y/N on the ground as he opened the door for them, Y/N offered him a genuine smile and entered the abandoned-looking mansion, not putting much interest to what he said.

"Ah.. I missed this place..." Y/N stretched, jumping on the large dark purple couch, sighing in satisfaction. "Yep. The couch is still comfy. Just how I like it.." Mortis walked to them, not before putting his hat and cape somewhere, and layed on top of Y/N's stomach with a little smile.

They both layed there for some good seven minutes, while Mortis admired their face. "Your eyes are real beautiful.."

"And here we go again.." Y/N giggled, turning their head to Mortis, smiling. "So is your eyelashes.. And your nose." He booped their nose jokingly, chuckling afterwards. "And your lips.." His smile dissapeared as he mentioned their lips.

After some seconds, he brought a hand to their cheek, leaning closer, and closer, and closer.. Slowly closing his eyes...

Until Y/N backed away, pushing him away slightly too. "Sorry, Mortis. Not today, I'm not ready for that.." They replaced their smile with a slightly saddened frown.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE-" Mortis stopped quickly as he saw Y/N's face, that was a little shocked, and also felt how... Y/N... Flinched. He took a deep breath, and...

"Apologies. Please forgive me, I couldn"t really control myself.." He brought a hand behind his head. "Whenever you're ready, I'll take the first move.. Unless you want to do it first, of course.. I'll be waiting for you."

Y/N, after a few seconds, they smiled, stroking his purple fluffy hair as he blushed slightly, his pointy ears going up and getting also red. They leaned a bit closer and kissed his forehead.

"..Thanks, Mortis."

"You're welcome, mor-.. Y/N.

A spider is on your head."

"WHA- MORTIS! GET IT OFF!"