ten'

Leilani Marie Johnson
23
February 2023
_______________________________

"Lani!" I heard my brother yell my name after the front door alarm went on

"Lani!" I heard my brother yell my name after the front door alarm went on. I peep my head out of the kitchen entrance and seen Ej walking behind him.

"In here" I yelled back and not too long after, they walked into the kitchen while I was sitting at the island chewing on some grapes.

"It's fucking cold out here" I heard Jah complain while they took their shoes and jackets off at the door. It was raining out today and it was cold asf which is why we've been in the house the whole day.

"Hi Teetee" Ej jumped on my legs making me chuckle and grab him.

"Hey my baby. You alright" I asked kissing all over his face while he giggled nodding his head.

"Okay Zari upstairs in her room if you wanna go up there" I said and he quickly jumped out of my arms before running out of the kitchen.

"Stop running Junior" Jah spoke sternly making him stop running immediately and quietly walk up the stairs. Jah turned to me and hugged me before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"You ight" he asked and I looked up at him nodding my head with a slight smile. He squinted his eyes at me and shook his head.

"What? I'm good" I chuckled and he nodded his head. He sat next to me and started eating the grapes that were between the two of us while I scrolled on my phone.

"So..." he trailed off making me playfully roll my eyes already knowing where this was going.

"Don't roll yo' eyes at me, you know you dead wrong. Why you been ignoring that boy for 2 weeks straight" he asked making me sigh and lock my phone before placing it on the counter.

"Jah...I have 2 kids, one that has a baby on the way and I need to prioritize them right now. Plus I don't think he wants to be in a relationship with someone who has so much responsibilities to take care of and I've been busy at work, the shop has been crazy cause I got celebs flying out for tattoos and shit" I huffed as he just looked at me while I spoke.

My brother and I tell each other everything and I mean everything so its nun to talk to him about something or vice versa. We've been close since diaper days...yes i say diaper days cause when I was born Jah was only 4 years old and still wore diapers cause he used to pee in the bed.

Our parents raised us to treat each other with respect and love one another unconditionally and till this day, we're still close as ever and can't nobody break our bond.

"I understand that Munchkin but did you express that to him" he asked calling me by my childhood name. I looked down and fiddled with my fingers making him sigh.

"Lani you need to communicate if you really want things to work out with Isaiah. I ca' tell that you really like him but you're gonna have to talk to him about situations like this" he spoke making me nod my head. He pulled me into his chest, hugging me and placing a kiss on my temple.