twenty seven'

Leilani Marie Johnson
24
June 2023
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I need to piss before we leave" I spoke as everyone was getting ready to walk out of the retreat. They sighed making me roll my eyes before quickly walking to the toilet. I finished my business before washing my hands and walking out of the bathroom.

We were going out for the day to explore the rest of the area, take the kids to see the Dolphins and then go out to eat and just try to have a good time while exploring.

"I'm hungry asl" I spoke to Isaiah making him look at me funny before speaking.

"We literally jus' ate 20 minutes ago" he eyed me making me roll my neck as we locked up before making our way over the bridge.

"Okay and? That was 20 minutes AGO." I emphasized 'ago' while he just stared at me as we walked hand-in-hand before shaking his head and turning his head.

"I need a damn drink" Kae mumbled loud enough for me to hear her making me chuckle. Her and Jah have not been in the best mood today and everyone noticed– it was hard not to, you can feel the tension whenever they're in the same room together.

I unraveled my hand from Isaiah's before walking over to my brother's side and linking my arm with his as we walked ahead of everyone else.

"You okay bear?" I asked softly, calling him by his childhood nickname that I gave him and it stuck ever since. I watched as he slowly nodded his head, taking a quick glance at me.

"You don't seem like it. If you don't want to talk about it, it's okay but please don't be sad. You know we already feel each other's emotions and I be sad when you sad" I spoke making him chuckle and nod his head.

I really don't know too much about it but when I was born our parents made us do a lot of skin to skin, hence the nickname Bear and I clung to him all the time. You see him, you see me. As we grew older, we realized we could feel each other's emotions so whatever he's feeling, I feel. Whatever I feel, he feels.

It wasn't until he moved out of our parents house that it actually really hit the both of us. It took a while for us to actually adjust to the new change because we were clung to one another. There would be nights where he'd leave his place and come over to just sleep or lay with me and vise versa.

"I kno' Munchkin. I don't wan' talk 'bout it right now tho. Later?" He looked at me and I sent him a smile before nodding my head. I laid my head on his shoulder as we continued to walk and felt him place a kiss on my forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Da, up" Azariah raised her arms for Isaiah to pick her up making him do so. It was later on in the day and we did the Dolphin show, took a tour, went swimming in a secret waterfall, went out to eat and now we were on our way back to the retreat.

My phone's ring tone sounded off making me look down to see my dad FaceTiming me.

"Liah, how do you work 'dis shi– Oh, wassup Munchkin" his voice boomed through the phone making me chuckle and shake my head. My dad is a whole damn character.

"Hi Daddy, how are you?" I smiled watching as he moved over on the bed and towards my mom before laying in her lap so that both of them were in the camera. I love my parents ya'll.

"I'm straight, you good?" He asked raising his brow making me nod my head with a smile.

"I mean you know, I'm engaged now so why wouldn't I be" I cheesed making my dad smack his teeth before rolling his eyes. I called them right away after lastnight and to say my momma was damn near more excited then me while my dad just stared at me with a smile, one that looked like he was proud too.