Forty-Five

Omniscient
December 2023
3 months later...
Christmas Eve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Christmas Eve, as Leilani and Isaiah prepared their new house for their families to come over. Leilani now being 8 months pregnant waddled around the guest rooms making sure everything was placed neatly where they belonged.

"Baby!" Isaiah yelled walking into the house with Mari behind him. They walked further into the house closing the door behind them before making their way to the kitchen to put up the items they bought.

"Yea?!" She yelled back pausing her movements to hear what he wanted but when he didn't say anything back she smacked her lips and went back to straightening out the throw blanket on the bed.

Leilani and Isaiah recently moved into their new family home about a month ago and now they were hosting Christmas and to say they were excited was an understatement.

Part of their excitement came from the fact that none of their family members have seen the house before except for Jah and Alonzo because they assisted them with moving.

"Lani!" She heard him call again but this time she didn't say anything and continued to put the pillows up at the top of the bed. Saiah walked to the back where he heard her voice come from earlier before walking past the first two rooms not seeing her.

Lani watched as he walked past the room before backing up and standing in the door to look at her. They stared at each other while Lani continued to straighten out the bed. Leilani was definitely a perfectionist and knowing family was coming over, she had to make sure everything was perfect.

"You ain't hear me callin' you?" He finally spoke after a few minutes of their stare down. He walked into the room and made his way towards her while she stood up straight.

"I – whew hollon I'm outta breath" she breathed out while he pulled her into his chest and rubbed her back soothingly, placing kisses on her head as she caught her breath.

"Where my babies at?" He asked as they stood in each other's embrace just slowly swaying their bodies together.

"Which one? She chuckled looking up at him with her chin to his chest. His eyes trailed her face admiring her beauty. Her pregnancy definitely worked her wonders, her face was always glowing, her hips spread out more.

He broke out into a smile before pecking her lips softly. "Azariah and Naiari" he answered her question as his hand found its way to her belly that had definitely grown more as the months passed by.

Ariyah and Kamari welcomed their baby girl two weeks after her visit at the hospital meaning their baby was premature since she was only 37 weeks pregnant.

Naiari stayed in the hospital for a total of 4 weeks before she could finally come home. Ari even moved in with the Johnson soon-to-be Brown family but still went home to stay with her parents most of the time.

"She was upstairs breastfeeding last time I checked and Jah came by an hour ago to pick up Zari" she answered him as she walked out of the room with him clung onto her. She rubbed his arms that were wrapped around her belly while his head laid in her neck.

Jah and Kaelynn's divorce was finalised about 2 months ago. It didn't take that long to get the process over with because of the fact that they signed a prenup before getting married. They were both young when they first got married so their parents advised them to sign one until they decide to change it in future.

It never crossed their minds to change it until months before the situation happened. He brought it up to her and they both came to an agreement but they never got to it.