37

Anna's POV

Nothing was louder than the tension in the air. They didn't call her by her first name.. no nicknames nothing. Just child and little names to replace it.

I looked over at her seeing her wipe her palms on her clothes over and over again. She was nervous. I tried to hold her hand, maybe calm her down or comfort her but the second I touched it she swatted me away.

Her mother was coming. She gave me a look. I couldn't read. Guilt? sad? Does she not want me to meet them?

When we sat down she than grabbed my hand. But let it go after we sat down... in separate seats.

What's going on with her? Do they not know we're dating? Has she told them about me?

"So. What's new?" The gruff voice was said as I looked over.

"Nothing really. Just casuals." She responded. Her voice sounded like it was trembling on the side of confidence and scared.

"No new guys? No new people? Your starting to become older? When will I have grandchildren?" She asked as I looked at her. Maybe she'll tell them about me.

"No. And not anytime soon. I'm still young id rather still be free than locked in." She said and my entire body rushed through questions.

She looked at me and her facials changed when she saw the look. She looked away from me as I felt something in my gut feeling.

"And you. You were at the restaurant with Alex. Saying you knew her and now your here. Coincidence, don't you think?" She asked me.

"I thought Alex was Allison. So similar." I said and my tone was nervous.

"Darling no need to be nervous. Just a mere friend of Allison. She never brings people around here." She said and I swallowed all my guilt inside and forced out an answer.

It was awkward tension when a ding came in. The mother jumped up and brought her husband in to announce the food.

"Anna." I heard as my thoughts were overlapping.

"You don't want to be with me?" I asked and she looked at me, shocked.

"No! Of course. I- I just... I can't." She mumbled.

"No yeah I get it now. Bring me around your parents so that you actually have a life?" I asked and she shook her head.

"They can't know... they don't know that I'm into girls." She whispered.

"Why wouldn't you just say that." I said and she fidgeted with her fingers.

"Cause you have an amazing family. I didn't want you to think that I was more of a freak than I am already." She whispered barely coming out audible.

"Why would you think that?" I whispered holding her head.

"Cause. I haven't spoken to my parents in years." She said before having to break apart when her parents came in.

"Foods ready. I'm relieved that your eating something actually good than just junk and ramen." Her mother said as Allison nodded and walked in with me behind her.

We sat down and looking over, it was like Allison's mood at changed.

"And how's that... job of yours? I'm surprised your taking care of Alex. Says she loves living with you. I don't understand, because you obviously can't be making that much money." Her father spoke up as he take a bite of the spaghetti that was now plated.

"Good. I own the shop. It's my buisness now and we're making nearly 100K a week." She said trying to a make herself feel better about it.

"And doing what? Tattooing junk on people that now have it on there body for the rest of their lives?" Snarky comments.

"Not my choice they got it." She mumbled.

"Speak up. No one likes a mumbling girl. I don't know how this friend can put up with you." She said chuckling a little and wiping her mouth.

"And that bullshit schizo you have." The way they treat her does not make me feel any better about meeting them before stepping through the doors.

I looked at Allison who is now playing with her noodles.

"My goodness how do you put up with this girl? I mean look at her, she's a mess. I be scared for the man who's going to date her." The mother said and I clenched my fork.

"I mean she doesn't even make good bucks. What makes you think a man is going to like her." The father said and the more they opened their mouths the more insults they threw out.

"Maybe if you actually loved your child and treated her with respect, maybe they would turn out better than you fucking thought!" She yelled stabbing her fork into the table.

Utter silence. Complete silence.

"Now don't be disrespectful with the guest that you brought here. Watch your tone and the language you speak to me"

"I'm done with your bullshit. Fuck you." She said getting up.

"And don't even talk about money with me. Besides the fact that you've been having Alex steal from me?" She said and everything was going down.

"Nonsense. No proof." The gruff voiced.

"Anna we're going." She said as I scooted my chair out and getting up.

"Now you can understand that we didn't give you as much attention. You don't listen. Your reckless, disrespectful, and a much of a mistake to even be here!" The mother said as Allison was trying to get me out of the house.

"You don't get to dismiss yourslef out of this house." When a hand abruptly stopped us.

A loud gasp came out. Now I understand why she was tedious about the clothes... why she wore a turtle neck.

For what was coming next. Something inside of me realized that there were more secrets to Allison than I realized.