Chapter 1

Becky's POVWe're currently in a van. I don't know if my grandparents rent this, but it kind of looks new. My grandpa said that they would bring me to their town.

I haven't been there as far as I know, but Grandma said that my parents used to bring me there.My grandparents are on my father's side. They were the ones who would take care of me from now on after that nightmare.

Grandma said that their town is beautiful and peaceful. She even thought that I had found one, you know, the soul mate thing in that town.

Well, I don't care. I told them I could live by myself. I'm in the city. Besides, I miss my best friend already.

But I had nothing to do; there were still my grandparents, and I was not legally at the right age to be independent.

Later on, we arrive at a big gate.

It's written outside "CHANKIMHA RESIDENTS."

Weirdly, I thought it was a town. But it's a residence.

A guard opened the gate. Well, I noticed they have many guards around.

I was surprised because after that gate, which is the main gate, there was a little town—literally a town.

Houses and villagers are here. There was also a park, and I was surprised by a school.

Woah, I'm Smalling this Town, which is literally big. There are children on the sidewalk and some vendors, too.

After that, we stopped again at a gate, which was smaller than the first one. The gate was opened by a guard again.

Grandpa lowered the window to greet the guard.

"Hey, Julius, it's been a long time," my grandpa said

"Yeah, the alpha instructed to welcome you and your granddaughter?" The guard answered

"Oh yeah, this is Becky. My granddaughter," my grandpa said

I just nodded and properly greeted him.

" alpha is not around. She has business outside the country but I think she'll be back tomorrow," the guard said

They talked a little more, and then the car started and parked us in front of the big house—a mansion, I think.

Grandma grabbed my hand and guided me to go down to the car. It's a big mansion.

"The mansion is too big. So don't explore Becky. There was only one rule in this mansion. You can't go to the second floor not when needed. Our room is in the first floor West wing. You don't have to serve them too but sometimes you need to help us okay Becky?" My grandmother saidI just nodded to her. We came in the east wing, which has the kitchen and dining area. In the center is the living area, and the stairs for the second floor are in the living area, too.

It's so big I could be lost here. In the kitchen, food had been prepared, so this is what the guard is talking about.

The maid here greets Grandma. While Grandma is talking to them, I decide to excuse myself and change my clothes. My grandmother agrees and tells me to hurry because we shall have our dinner.

Grandpa is the butler in this house, and Grandma is the main chef. Yeah, they both serve this mansion.

I walked into the West Wing and found my room. Grandma said that the master of this house prepared a room for me. It was like a gift since my grandparents had been serving them for years.

I opened the third room, and I was right. This was my room. Grandpa had brought my things inside.

When I opened my luggage, the picture first caught my eye. It was me and my parents on my 7th birthday, and we were so happy.

I miss them. Some years came down to my eyes, but I wiped them. I need to be strong.

I put the picture on the side table. My room was a little small. It has a single-size bed, a side table, and a vanity. The restroom is inside, too.

I then change my clothes and ready myself to go to the kitchen.

********************Am I doing it right? HahahaThanks for reading this chapter ✨Photos are not mine, so I am giving the credits to the rightful owner.