40. Life Changing

It is now time for the international break. Today, Spain plays against Georgia.

The players have been playing well and are on a 5 game-win streak so far during the international football season.

Unfortunately with Pedri's injury, he won't be playing.

The starting lineup was announced an hour before the game starts. The three barca players, Gavi, Ferran, and Inigo have all been included in the starting line-up, meanwhile, Lamine is a substitute.

Mia has been with Pedri so she decided not to travel to Valladolid. There has also been a sickness going around amongst the staff, meaning there are only 2 photographers for this game. One including me.

I took a couple of pictures of the field and some people in the stands to make sure the camera is ready.

People in the stands begin to cheer as the players begin to come onto the field. The national anthem of Spain begins to play, and then Georgia's.

The starting lineup for Spain moves to the side to take the team picture. I quickly hurry to where they are to take the picture. Pablo winks and smiles at me before going to where he needs to go.

The ref blows his whistle, indicating it's time for kick-off.

Spain immediately takes possession and begin heading towards Georgia's goalie.

Torress delivers a free-kick towards the back post and finds the head of Le Normand and nods it into the goal.

Spain continues to pass the ball and keep possession.

All of a sudden, Kvaratskhelia races to the ball and shoots into the bottom left corner, tying the game up.

This causes Spain's aggression to pick up the pace. Gavi was caught from behind by Lochoshvili. My heart begins to pick up its pace as Gavi is on the ground wincing.

Luckily, he was able to get up and continue playing.

Gavi gets the ball and begins running down the side and of course, I take pictures.

All of a sudden he grabs his knee in pain, nobody touched him. My heart sinks realizing what just happened.

Pablo tore his ACL.

The medical staff quickly attend to him, trying to help him walk. His eyes begin to get watery as he uses the medical staff as support to help him walk.

I begin to tear up watching it all take place. How could someone with so much passion for the sport go through so much pain in a matter of seconds?

He begins looking around the sidelines, trying to look for me. The medical staff divert his attention from me to get him to the tunnel.

I quickly grab the camera bag and hurry to the tunnel. Once I made it, I didn't know where to go.

Medics from the ambulance enter a room so I decide to follow them.

I open the door and see Pablo lying on an exam table with his arm covering his eyes. One of the medics sees me enter and immediately says, "Get out. You don't need to take pictures of him."

He removes his arm to see what kind of commotion is going on.

"Oh no I'm-" I'm immediately interrupted, "I don't care what your excuse is. Get out before the police get involved."

My blood begins to boil, "No. I will not be going. Pablo is my boyfriend and he needs comfort and support right now!"

The medics look at each other and begin laughing. "Mi amor I'll see you at the hospital. Keep taking pictures of the team, for me." Gavi says.