21. Christmas Eve Dinner

It's been a couple days since my parents and brother came home.

We've all just been hanging out doing stuff. My parents have gotten to know Pablo and I can tell they really like him.

Sounds good right?
—————————————————

Since I take forever to get ready, I decided to take a shower this morning.

The warm water hits my bare skin as I lather my roots in shampoo.

While that sits, I begin to shave my legs. Making sure they're no hairs.

I rinse out my hair and apply conditioner on my ends. I do the same thing as earlier but with my armpits.

As I wash my body, I hear a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I call out.

"It's mom!" she replies on the other side of the door.

"What's up!?" I call out again. The soap on my body begins to rinse off and hits the shower floor, going down the drain.

"I thought I'd let you know that Pablo left with Pedri to go buy an outfit for tonight!" she replies.

"Oh okay. Thank you!!" I could hear her footsteps begin to get quieter as she leaves my room.

I finish taking a shower and wrap up in a towel. Once my body is dry, I change into a shirt and a pair of shorts, not wanting to get my dress for tonight wet.

After brushing my hair, I decide to let it air dry.

My dad and mom were sitting down at the dining room table looking at some papers and chatting.

Meanwhile my brother was in the living room watching a show.

I decided to have a seat at the dining room table with my parents.

"Hey Anna!" mom says as she looks up from her paper.

"Hola!" I reply back with a smile.

"Are you ready for tonight?"Dad questions.

"I'm very excited!" I reply back as I take a grape from the fruit bowl.

"Do you know how long it'll take the boys to get back?" I ask.

"Probably in an hour or two. While they're gone can you help us clean up and decorate the house?" Mom asks.

"Yea of course!" I answer.

Mom gets up from the chair she was sitting and exits going to the basement. When she comes back, she has a bin in her hands.

As she sets it on the counter she says, "Anna, can you go through this and sort all the things in here?"

As I make my way to the counter I reply, "Of course! I'll let you know when I'm done."

Mom thanks me and goes back to what she was doing with dad.

I begin to pull out the different items and separate them into piles.

Some piles were mainly utensils, dishes and glasses. Meanwhile other piles were decorations for the table.

It took me about 20-30 minutes to finish. I probably would've finished quicker but I couldn't help stopping to admire the different designs.

I let mom know I was finished and we began to wash the dishes.

Meanwhile my dad and brother began to put things away and tidy up.

The front door opened, indicating Pablo is home. "Hola amor! We're in the kitchen!" I called out.