Chapter 15:

Coming out of the bathroom, Chi Le recalled Zhuang Xinchun's deflated expression just now, and was a little excited, "Aren't I very smart and did well just now?"

"Mhm, smart." Sheng Zhuo put his hands in his pockets and clicked his tongue expressionlessly: "So smart that even Zhuang Xinchun can't defeat you."

Chi Le snorted lightly indifferently: "This Young Master won't bother with someone like Little Green Tea1slang term in Chinese and often used to refer to someone who is young, naive, or inexperienced."

Sheng Zhuo chuckled quietly. When he entered just now, it seemed like Chi Le's eyes were slightly reddened with anger, but now upon closer inspection, it appeared as if they weren't. He wasn't sure if he had mistaken it or not.

"But why didn't you choose to believe Zhuang Xinchun's words like Fang Younian?" Chi Le was curious.

Based on his years of acquaintance with Zhuang Xinchun, Sheng Zhuo's reaction is really rare.

Since childhood, Zhuang Xinchun liked to pretend to be innocent in front of his elders, and when he grew up a bit, he liked to pretend to be innocent in front of his classmates. Everyone would generally believe him. If it wasn't for Chi Le who took advantage of his good looks, Zhuang Xinchun's deliberately slandering him would have worked so much that he would become the image of a heinous villain. Fortunately, he is good-looking, and he can always attract people to meet him. After getting in touch with him, everyone will understand him. That's why he was not slandered by Zhuang Xinchun to death.

Sheng Zhuo glanced at him, "Although you haven't shown me a good face in the past two years, I can still tell whether you are that kind of person."

As his classmate for so long, he has never heard Chi Le brag about his family's wealth, let alone bullying others because of his family's wealth, but he often hears others laughing at him behind his back as the young master of a nouveau riche family.

Last year, the class monitor's father fell seriously ill, and their family faced financial difficulties. The class monitor even skipped lunch. Chi Le indirectly approached the class monitor, pretending to borrow homework to copy, and then 'repaid' the favor by inviting him for lunch. In reality, Chi Le completed his assignments on time every day and didn't actually need to borrow from the monitor.

The class monitor probably also guessed that Chi Le wanted to help him, and after the situation at home eased, he gave Chi Le a small red flower brooch in front of the whole class, and Chi Le's ears were red at that time.

If you want to say when Sheng Zhuo really paid attention to Chi Le, it should be from that time.

In reality, Sheng Zhuo rarely pays attention to anything unrelated to himself. Remembering the names of classmates in the class is only for the sake of convenience. He would smile when he sees everyone during regular times, but it's simply to avoid wasting time on unnecessary troubles. However, Chi Le is an exception. Since the first day of school, he boldly entered Sheng Zhuo's world. When Chi Le treated Sheng Zhuo as his bitter rival, Sheng Zhuo couldn't help but take notice of him. As Chi Le got closer to Sheng Zhuo, Sheng Zhuo involuntarily began to focus his attention on him even more. This dynamic has been growing increasingly intense over this period of time.

Sheng Zhuo also felt strange in his heart.

"You are the third person besides my dad and Jian Cheng who believes in me without asking why." Chi Le said excitedly, "Other people will always be fooled by Zhuang Xinchun's innocent and harmless face, alas, they're all so stupid."

Sheng Zhuo's footsteps paused slightly, and his brow furrowed imperceptibly. "He used to bully you frequently?"

"How is that possible? At most, during the early days when I didn't know much about his character, and I was younger back then, he managed to deceive me for a few days." Chi Le looked ahead at the road. "But he also suffered quite a bit. After all, everyone loves me, and I have a charming appearance that people find appealing."