~Victor~

Y/N's POV:

Once we entered the loop, we ran straight towards the home. As we were walking, Jake told me about this letter he had took from Abe's room and about the monsters in the photo.

 When we got to the door, I knocked on the door waiting for an answer. After a while Bronwyn opened the door. She was very excited to see us again. 
"Jake, Y/N, you're back! Come and play!" She hugged Jake, lifting him up and spinning him around. I laughed a bit once she put him down. She then gave me a hug an squeezed me so tight I barely could have breathed.

"We need to see Miss Peregrine first. Do you know where she is?"Jake asked her before we all walked inside. Bronwyn took us to the kitchen where Miss Peregrine was sitting down with the Ymbryne that we say yesterday, cradled in her arms. She was giving her water.

"How wonderful that you are both back."
"How's it doing?" Jake asked her.
"Emma said it was an Ymbryne" I continued.
"She. Not it. Ymbrynes are always female." Miss Peregrine corrected us.
"And Emma was quite correct. This is Miss Avocet." She continued.

Jake pulled out the later letter out of his pocket to show her.
"Her loop's in Blackpool, England."
"That was a private letter, Jake." Her face had grew an angry expression.
"Who is Mr. Barron?" I asked her.

She refused to answer and avoided making eye contact with us.

"Miss Peregrine, if my Grandpa was involved with dangerous people... I need to tell the police." Jake said irritated. 
I don't know why he even bothered. The police has never helped us in the past, why would they help us now.

"Police? Are you implying Abe died an unnatural death?"
"We found him in the woods... with his eyes missing. I'd say that was pretty unnatural." I told her. 

Her expression was nothing but angry. She got up from her seat and walked up to Jake. She ripped the letter and newspaper out of Jake's hands. 
"Unless essential, I don't discuss unpleasant matters. An Ymbryne's duty is to protect children, Jake." She said before storming off.
"I'm not a child. He wanted you to tell me everything." Jake followed behind her but she shut the door and went outside.
"Jake we should just let it go." I said to him

As we were walking out of the kitchen we were stopped by Enoch, with Olive standing behind him.
"Oh. How fustrating for you, between Miss Peregrine's rules... and my housemates' little pact not to scare you off... it's like no one is telling neither of you anything" He gave Jake a smug look. Jake walked closer towards him.

"Why don't you, then? It's not like you want us here." Well technically he did want me there not Jake but now was not the right time to correct him.
"Enoch, you can't. You promised" Olive said before Enoch could speak.
"Olive's right. I do know someone who can get away with breaking the rules though. Want to meet him?"

He walked away and we followed behind him. He walked upstairs walking down the halls.
"Enoch, don't do this. Please!" Olive pleaded but Enoch ignored her.
"You want to spend time with me, Jake and Y/N, we can all play together. That's what you said. Here we all are." I was suprised to hear that she even wanted to spend time with me. She hasn't been to keen on me since I got here.

Olive blocked the way of the hallway preventing us from going to the room at the end of the hall.
"Move, Olive." Enoch said to her.
"If you're going to be like that, then I don't want to be your friend." She pushed through us and ran away.

Fiona walked towards us.
"Enoch, leave Victor alone. It really upsets Bronwyn."
"Stop fussing, Fiona. Don't you think Y/N and Jake should meet everybody?" He looked at us, mainly me, and then back at her.
"He's trying to frighten you away, He's always been jealous of Abe. And now he's jealous of Jake. Come and play with us instead." She grab my arm, tugging on it.

"If it'll upset the children, I don't think we should." I said looking at Enoch. He turned to me with a cold expression. His gaze softened as he looked me in the eye. He looked as if he was gonna change his mind. Until Jake spoke.

"I'd quite like to meet victor."
Enoch turned to Fiona, spatting her on the head and ruffling up her hair. We continued walking towards, what seemed to be Victor's room.

Enoch opened the door. The first thing I saw was Victor, laying lifeless on his bed. He had a white see through canopy bed. The curtains cover all over the bed. His body, neatly tucked in as he layed on his back.

"After you" he told me as we walked in.
Enoch walked towards the dresser, grabbing something from inside.

"Hello, Victor." Jake said to Victor. He had not realized yet that Victor was a corpse.
"I'm Jake. Im sorry to disturb..." He cut himself off with the realization that Victor was indeed dead.
"Yeah, he can't hear you." Enoch said sarcastically.

In his hand was a heart, which I assumed to be Victor's. He softly dragged down he sheet that was tucking in Victor and he unbuttoned one button from Victor's shirt placing the heart inside of Victor's chest.

There was a few seconds of silence until the corpse quickly got up. He looked up at us. His eyes were hollow, nothing in them, just like Abe's. He began to speak.
"Hello, Jake, Y/N. I'm Victor. Do you want to know what killed me?" A high pitched voice escaped his mouth as if it wasnt his voice at all. His mouth only flabbed open and shut like a puppet as if he weren't human. Yes is he a corpse but that doesn't make him any less human.

Jake had been frightened and ran away. This time I did not run after him. I stayed in the room with Enoch and Victor. I watched as Jake ran out the door and downstairs. I looked at Enoch then back at Victor.

Victor went silent for a while before falling back down onto the bed. Once again, a lifeless body. I couldn't help feeling sorry for the poor boy. He was dead and could not rest in peace. I walked closer to the boy not saying anything. I knelt on the side of the bed opposite to Enoch. Kneeling on the ground, I tucked Victor back into bed as he was before and fixed his hair.

I always find it nice to respect the dead. They have died and they just would like not to be disturb. Its the least we can do.I stared at him for a bit before i spoke.

"It's quite rude to disturb the dead, all the want to do is rest in peace." I looked at Enoch.
"Well you wanted answers so I gave you answers."
"You haven't answered anything, you've just disturbed this poor boy, for what? To scare Jake into never coming back?"

He looked at me not knowing what to say. He took the heart out of Victor and placed it back into the dresser. I buttoned back Victor's shirt and tucked him properly. Enoch did not say anything else, he walked out of the room and into his own. I stood back up. Taking one last look at Victor. I smiled before leaving the room, gently closing the door behind me.